Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » When I drag a file in the PHP Explorer (to move it), why does Eclipse ask for the destination again?
When I drag a file in the PHP Explorer (to move it), why does Eclipse ask for the destination again? [message #891693] Mon, 25 June 2012 14:10 Go to next message
Ben Johnson is currently offline Ben JohnsonFriend
If I have just dragged a file from one directory to another in the PHP Explorer, why does Eclipse then ask me for the destination directory (via modal dialog)? This makes no sense, as I just gave Eclipse the target directory by dropping the file on said directory within the tree.

This seems unnecessary and is, quite frankly, very annoying when working with large directory trees.
Re: When I drag a file in the PHP Explorer (to move it), why does Eclipse ask for the destination ag [message #894193 is a reply to message #891693] Sat, 07 July 2012 13:35 Go to previous message
Robert Gruendler is currently offline Robert GruendlerFriend
i agree, that's really a awkward behavior, but i think it's not PDTs fault but the underlying framework: DLTK.

However, my "workaround" is to copy/past the file and delete the old one, that's faster than that dialog Wink
Previous Topic:pdt+juno
Next Topic:Source Formatting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:22:03 GMT 2024