Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Code Recommenders » Building model archives for custom libraries
Building model archives for custom libraries [message #891298] Sun, 24 June 2012 15:55 Go to next message
Philippe Marschall is currently offline Philippe MarschallFriend
Hi

[1] Talks about how code recommenders uses model archives but nothing
about how you build them for you own libraries.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Recommenders/Server

Cheers
Philippe
Re: Building model archives for custom libraries [message #891346 is a reply to message #891298] Sun, 24 June 2012 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Bruch is currently offline Marcel BruchFriend

Hi Phillipe,

sorry to say, but it's not yet possible. There is a Recommenders Developer Kit (RDK) in development that will enable you to create your own recommenders and assists you in creating models for your own libraries from your workspace. But it's not ready yet.

Marcel
Re: Building model archives for custom libraries [message #891750 is a reply to message #891346] Mon, 25 June 2012 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philippe Marschall is currently offline Philippe MarschallFriend
On 24.06.2012 21:13, Marcel Bruch wrote:
> Hi Phillipe,
> sorry to say, but it's not yet possible. There is a Recommenders
> Developer Kit (RDK) in development that will enable you to create your
> own recommenders and assists you in creating models for your own
> libraries from your workspace. But it's not ready yet.

We'll at least I didn't miss something. Thanks anyway for the answer. If
I might add something it would be that I'm more interested in a solution
that can be run automatically during the build rather than from my
workspace.

Cheers
Philippe
Re: Building model archives for custom libraries [message #892513 is a reply to message #891298] Thu, 28 June 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krzysztof Kowalczyk is currently offline Krzysztof KowalczykFriend
Can You predict when it would be possible to create custom models? Does the technology used to create Juno models was proprietary?

Regards,
Krzysztof
Re: Building model archives for custom libraries [message #892668 is a reply to message #892513] Fri, 29 June 2012 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

> Can You predict when it would be possible to create custom models?
> Does the technology used to create Juno models was proprietary?

I'm currently planning the architecture for this. But to be clear: our primary focus for the next weeks is rather on improving the current system to support more frameworks, improve the precision of the recommender and fix issues reported for 1.0.

But we are looking for some bright minds that support us on implementing the static analysis stuff on top of JDT. Interested?
Re: Building model archives for custom libraries [message #895176 is a reply to message #892668] Wed, 11 July 2012 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krzysztof Kowalczyk is currently offline Krzysztof KowalczykFriend
I've just changed my employee (and quite some personal stuff too) so I will probably have no time in next few months, but I have some experience with JDT AST, MoDisco Java Model and other modeling stuff, so I guess I can have a look Wink

By "support more frameworks" you mean to have recommendations for them?

Regards,
Krzysztof Kowalczyk
Re: Building model archives for custom libraries [message #895178 is a reply to message #895176] Wed, 11 July 2012 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sounds good. "Support more frameworks" means "having recommendations for them" but also having better models and the like. For 1.0 we had to fall back to quite limited models to get high performance and low memory consumptions. This has some drawbacks on quality we want to address soon.
Re: Building model archives for custom libraries [message #987536 is a reply to message #895178] Tue, 27 November 2012 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Obiwan Kenobi is currently offline Obiwan KenobiFriend
Is this possible in the most recent release ?
Re: Building model archives for custom libraries [message #987553 is a reply to message #987536] Tue, 27 November 2012 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No. We are going to offer a developer preview for generating models from own libraries as part of a commercial offering from Codetrails.com in Spring 2013. Sneak previews will be ready for JFokus conference in February. Let me know if you would like to get informed about updates an this.

Having said this, we are currently adding support for more and more libraries. Also the Recommenders Developer Kit (RDK) provides you the code to create your own Recommenders.

Thanks,
Marcel
Re: Building model archives for custom libraries [message #1027052 is a reply to message #987553] Tue, 26 March 2013 14:04 Go to previous message

I just posted a follow up on the mining server developer preview here: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1027034/#msg_1027034
Previous Topic:[ctrl]flow mining server - developer preview for mining your own apis
Next Topic:How to mirror model repo?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:03:36 GMT 2024