Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Does Jubula need Server X to perform the test?(Running Jubula on a UNIX environment)
Does Jubula need Server X to perform the test? [message #890569] Fri, 22 June 2012 15:26 Go to next message
Zhongling HANG is currently offline Zhongling HANGFriend
Now I am doing some study about the use of Jubula. I am confused with some problems:
(1) Does Jubula need Server X to perform the test?
(2) If we can run the tests in server mode, how to do it?
(3) Are the test scenarios in Jubula based on EMF? (Because I feel that the test in Jubula is organised like the model EMF)

Thank you very much

Jubula, SWTBot
Re: Does Jubula need Server X to perform the test? [message #890655 is a reply to message #890569] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

1 + 2) I have no idea what you mean by "Server X". Please explain.
3) No, Jubula uses JPA with EclipseLink as persistence provider.

- Achim
Re: Does Jubula need Server X to perform the test? [message #891547 is a reply to message #890655] Mon, 25 June 2012 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for your reponse!
Server X is a system that allows the user to interact with the machine using a graphical interface unlike the famous console and command line. It is found mainly on Linux, Unix and BSD. Is it possible to use Jubula in Unix without Server X? Can we use Jubula just with the command line?

Jubula, SWTBot
Re: Does Jubula need Server X to perform the test? [message #891557 is a reply to message #891547] Mon, 25 June 2012 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Okay, now i got it. You are talking about the X Window System and its server, right?

With that in mind the answer is quite simple: for all Jubula tests you need some sort of graphical interface. On MS Windows variants this is obviously Windows ;-); on Linux X is supported, OSX doesn't support X (but its on system, Cocoa). Please be aware that on Linux GTK is needed for most operations.

Running the tests on all platforms is no different from running your application on this platforms.

- Achim

Re: Does Jubula need Server X to perform the test? [message #891565 is a reply to message #891557] Mon, 25 June 2012 09:00 Go to previous message
Yes, that is just what I asked. Thank you very much for you answer. Now I am very clear. Thanks a lot!

Jubula, SWTBot
Previous Topic:How to set up external Oracle database
Next Topic:JFileChooser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:47:54 GMT 2024