Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Plugin to recognize all widgets or controls
Plugin to recognize all widgets or controls [message #890271] Thu, 21 June 2012 17:41 Go to next message
Amanda Mitchell is currently offline Amanda MitchellFriend
Hi,
I am using Jubula to test a rcp application. In the application there are tabbed panes that contain widget buttons, labels, composites, and canvases. Using Jubula's object mapping, it recognizes the buttons and labels, but not the composites or canvases. Since these are all widgets and controls, is there some plug in already available that simply recognizes all Widgets or all controls?

I have tried having a developer create an extended plugin for me to recognize these controls. However, in doing so other issues arose with recognition of other objects, such as the names of the tabbed panes.

That is why I thought I would ask if a general plug-in that would recognize all Widgets or Controls is already available. Or if that isn't available, is there a plugin that would allow Composites to be recognized?

Thank you for your help
Re: Plugin to recognize all widgets or controls [message #890357 is a reply to message #890271] Fri, 22 June 2012 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Can you give an example of what type of composites you are trying to map? The canvas (if it is a GEF canvas) should be mappable, and for the others, a screenshot would help to understand better what you are trying to do.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Plugin to recognize all widgets or controls [message #891950 is a reply to message #890271] Tue, 26 June 2012 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amanda Mitchell is currently offline Amanda MitchellFriend
We implement a custom expand bar is made from a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite

We have a color fill well that uses org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas that has a paint listener to draw the appropriate content.

Additionally we have a panel that has multiple sections of information that uses org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.Section, that I also cannot click on.

The screenshot show the color fill well and the custom expand bar.

Thanks for your help
Re: Plugin to recognize all widgets or controls [message #892406 is a reply to message #891950] Thu, 28 June 2012 07:07 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Based on the picture, it looks like they are indeed components that aren't supported out of the box. There is a good thread here containing a link to an excellent blog post, there's another thread here with some extra information, and more descriptions here and here that may be of use. There is also the extension manual (downloadable from the Jubula page) and the option of having one of our guys do it for you Wink

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:JFileChooser
Next Topic:Can't have 2 Check component text event handlers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:14:50 GMT 2024