Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to select which records of a data set to use(Jubula Data Sets)
How to select which records of a data set to use [message #890111] Thu, 21 June 2012 07:33 Go to next message
Beni Lar is currently offline Beni LarFriend
Hi,

I created a Data Set with 2 parameters and loaded it's values from an Excel file. When I try to run a test using that data set it is ran as many times as I have records in the file. (e.g. if I have 3 rows in the file the test case is ran 3 times). Is it possible to select for which set of records to run a test?
I would like to be able to run the test for only one set of data(one row) not for all of them and also to be able to select which one.
Re: How to select which records of a data set to use [message #890198 is a reply to message #890111] Thu, 21 June 2012 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

A Test Case is executed once for each row of the dataset. A colleague at Bredex just published a blog where he wrote a function that picks specific cells from a central data set - maybe by adding a similar function of your own, you could specify which line to execute. The blog entry is here. If you do implement a function, then consider proposing it as a patch Smile

Best regards,
Alex
Re: How to select which records of a data set to use [message #892206 is a reply to message #890111] Wed, 27 June 2012 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marzia maugeri is currently offline marzia maugeriFriend
Hi Beni,
I had your same need and I found the following solution. In order to be clear, it's better to use an example.
Example: DataSet has two parameters: A,B. You want to add four rows:
1) A="pippo" B="5"
2) A="pluto" B="10"
3) A="mickey" B="7"
4) A="pippo" B="11"

you want to select only rows where A="pippo"

1)you create a new test case where you scroll all dataset rows until the end, for each row you check that A parameter value is different from "KEY" value: A not equals to "pippo"
a) create new test case where:
Component Type="Application"
Action="Check String Values"
Parameter Name="Variable" -> Parameter value=$KEY
Parameter Name="Value" -> Parameter value="pippo"
Operator="not equals"
b)add new test case event handler where:
Event Type="Check Failed"
Reentry Type="CONTINUE"
This event handler is test case will include all test steps to launch on row selected
Note that is important to put Reentry Type="CONTINUE" so that you can scroll all dataset rows.
I hope my explanation is useful for you, and I apologize for my poor English Smile

Re: How to select which records of a data set to use [message #1062286 is a reply to message #890198] Fri, 07 June 2013 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marge v is currently offline marge vFriend
Hi,

How about a specific column? For example, I have 1 central data set named 'GlobalDS' that has 2 columns - ColA and ColB. Then I have 2 test cases - TC1 and TC2.

For TC1 I would like to use the values in ColA only; while for TC2 I would like to use the values in ColB only. Is this possible? Please advise. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Marge
Re: How to select which records of a data set to use [message #1062610 is a reply to message #1062286] Mon, 10 June 2013 02:48 Go to previous message
marge v is currently offline marge vFriend
Hello,

I already knew the answer to my question. It is possible to use only a specific column from a central data set.
I was having problems before because although I am referring to the correct column name, it seems like the test case is not refreshed properly.
Clicking the 'Link with Editor' button in the Test Case Browser panel solved my problem.
Previous Topic:Poll on documentation use
Next Topic:Problem with toolkit example for rcp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:37:38 GMT 2024