Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Regarding Live-mode model validation in Papyrus(How to customize the papyrus live mode validator to produce markers instead of rollback and dialog box)
Regarding Live-mode model validation in Papyrus [message #889867] Wed, 20 June 2012 04:36 Go to next message
gatgo g is currently offline gatgo gFriend
Hello,

I am developing a plugin which does validation on ModelicaML(UML Profile) models using EMF Validation Framework. This plugin is going to be added as a feature to another main plugin which is actually customizes the Papyrus to support as Graphical tool Editor for ModelicaML models.

This validation plugin uses Live-mode validator implemented by Papyrus which invokes the Dialog box and rollback the invalidated changes to the model element.

Is there any way to customize this LiveMode validator in Papyrus to create and update the markers for Invalidated changes instead of dialog box and rollback or atleast to disable the Papyrus validation so that I can create specific version of LiveMode Validator for this plugin.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Regarding Live-mode model validation in Papyrus [message #889918 is a reply to message #889867] Wed, 20 June 2012 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur Daussy is currently offline Arthur DaussyFriend
Hi,
How did you really implement your plugin? You can normally use EMF Validation framework without using it in "Live Mode". If I have understood well, you only want to implement constraints that will manually be checked by users. In this case you have to implements constraint without using the "Live MODE" of EMF Validation.

Regards,
Re: Regarding Live-mode model validation in Papyrus [message #889950 is a reply to message #889918] Wed, 20 June 2012 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gatgo g is currently offline gatgo gFriend
Hello Arthur,

I implemented this validation plugin using EMF Validation framework and I have some set of constraints with are need to be validated for every change in the model elements (ie., in Live-Mode) and create markers for invalidated changes instead of rollback new value and displaying a dialog box with messages. If I create a ILiveValidation object and call the validate method, Two instance of live validations are invoke (One by this plugin and other by Papyrus). I also have other set of constraints which validates in Batch-Mode.

so In order to solve this I need to find a way to customize the Live Validator of Papyrus to support with markers or to disable it and create a live validator within the plugin.

Thanks again.
Re: Regarding Live-mode model validation in Papyrus [message #892149 is a reply to message #889950] Wed, 27 June 2012 08:42 Go to previous message
Arthur Daussy is currently offline Arthur DaussyFriend
Hi,

Ok I think I understand well your problem now. I don't really know if there any means to customize Live Validator for Papyrus.
You maybe need to listen any changes in the model and create your self your markers (look into Resource Set Listeners).

Regards,

Previous Topic:Diagram Activity - Sequence Node
Next Topic:Graphical Transformation of an icon stereotype.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:26:25 GMT 2024