Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Concordance Indexing Builder freezes(problem starting ant workflows)
Concordance Indexing Builder freezes [message #889842] Tue, 19 June 2012 21:36 Go to next message
Lukas Baron is currently offline Lukas BaronFriend
Hi there,

I have the following problem:
On executing epsilon-ant workflows, the concordance indexing builder is invoked on other projects (also epsilon projects with ant workflows) in workspace and freezes at about 45%.

I cannot start other eclipse-tasks until this build was finished. Consequence is, that i cannot do anything, but close eclipse via the task-manager.

Im new to epsilon and this forum -> tell me please what information you need to help or reproduce. What is this concordance indexing builder for by the way?

thanks for any help
Re: Concordance Indexing Builder freezes [message #889889 is a reply to message #889842] Wed, 20 June 2012 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Lukas,

Concordance is a tool that looks for dangling cross-model references (when the model or model element you refer to is no longer there) and helping you repair them. There's more information here:

http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/concordance-cross-references/

To find those references, it needs to index the models in every project that has the Concordance nature every once in a while. Did you enable the Concordance nature on any of your projects, by any chance?

You should be able to find out by right clicking on each project and looking at the "Concordance > Enable Concordance Project Nature" menu entry.

Cheers,
Antonio

[Updated on: Wed, 20 June 2012 07:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Concordance Indexing Builder freezes [message #889974 is a reply to message #889889] Wed, 20 June 2012 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukas Baron is currently offline Lukas BaronFriend
Hey Antonio,
thank you for this answer. Indeed this concordance nature was enabled. I turned it of by now. I also deactivated the indexing builder in my project settings. The ant-workflow works as expected now.

But I still do not understand why the concordance builder freezes. As far as I know, none of my Models is cross-referencing to other models and I did not move any of the models. Maybe I did not register all of the metamodels?...

Cheers,
Lukas
Re: Concordance Indexing Builder freezes [message #890076 is a reply to message #889974] Wed, 20 June 2012 22:39 Go to previous message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Lukas,

Well, it did need to scan all your models anyway: there was no way it could know in advance whether there were cross-model references in those models or not Smile.

Cheers,
Antonio
Previous Topic:how to set the property by only name?
Next Topic:Checking a single element using EVL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:23:39 GMT 2024