Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » xdebug - Debugger error stops debug when watching a new variable(With some var watches, or even clicking in the expression panel, debug is stopped.)
xdebug - Debugger error stops debug when watching a new variable [message #888578] Mon, 18 June 2012 10:06 Go to next message
Spacesoul blop is currently offline Spacesoul blopFriend
Hello, I have been trying to figure this out but didnt find a solution.

Problem:
I am debugging with Eclipse PDT and xdebug and sometimes trying to see a variable value while debugging crashes the debug session with the message: "Unexpected termination of script, debugging ended."

Crash:
It crashes once the variable has value, and If I go to the watch window or if I point my cursor over the variable to see their value.

I have been able to get the value of the variable which crashes the debug session:
The variable is an array of arrays, and its a fetch result from a SQL INSERT sentence, var_dump():
array(1) 
{ 
	[0] => array(2) 
	{ 
		'COLUMN_NAME' => string(7) "sname" 
		'CONSTRAINT_NAME' => string(22) "index_tabletest_idx" 
	} 
} 
class PDOStatement#153 (1) 
{ 
	public $queryString => string(91) "INSERT INTO tabletest(sname) VALUES('TEST') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE sname='TEST';" 
}

(the SQL sentence is correct and works perfectly executing it directly to the mysql database).

Tests:
Made the following but it still crashes:
- Cleared all the watches variables and breakpoints.
- Closed non used Eclipse debug panels (console, debug output, variable, progress).
- Closed Eclipse, reboot computer.
- Cleared temp files, ccleaner, atfcleaner..

System info:
- Windows 2003 32 bits, 2GB RAM.
- php 5.4.0 TS,VC9.
- Xdebug v2.2.0 stable release.
- Apache 2.2.22
- Eclipse PHP - PDT 3.0.2

It happens with more variables, and I cant see their value unless I print a var_dump of it, any help is really welcome, thanks Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2012 10:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: xdebug - Debugger error stops debug when watching a new variable [message #889402 is a reply to message #888578] Tue, 19 June 2012 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
It seems that Xdebug cannot return PDOStatement object to its client...even though xdebug_var_dump can handle it...
It is reproducible with WindowsXP + PHP 5.4.4 CLI + Xdebug 2.2.0 as well.
<?php
$db = new PDO("sqlite:test.db");
$db->query("drop table test");
$obj = $db->query("create table test(dummy integer)");
var_dump($obj);

When stepover reached at var_dump line, PDT tried to get $obj, and php.exe crashed.
Event log(Windows):
Application Failure php.exe 5.4.4.0 in php_xdebug-2.2.0-5.4-vc9.dll 2.2.0.5 at offset 0001919c.

I saw http://bugs.xdebug.org/view.php?id=855 (it's great) and I believe Derick will resolve this issue.
Re: xdebug - Debugger error stops debug when watching a new variable [message #889458 is a reply to message #889402] Tue, 19 June 2012 08:51 Go to previous message
Spacesoul blop is currently offline Spacesoul blopFriend
Hello Toshihiro Izumi, thank you for the information. I think it will be really awesome if you could add this information to the issue since its a lot better explained than the one I submitted and its faster to reproduce with your standar code.

Its really nice to see people here involved into fixing the issues, thank you again Smile

The topic can be closed since its a xdebug issue.
Previous Topic:PDT Installation error
Next Topic:Where is my php file, cannot running php
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:10:07 GMT 2024