Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object Mapping : same component twice(Object Mapping : same component twice)
Object Mapping : same component twice [message #888340] Mon, 18 June 2012 02:24 Go to next message
Anu J is currently offline Anu JFriend
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to map the same object twice?

Assuming there are two ways I can display a particular pop up, then assume I have a button on the pop up, when I try mapping the button for the second time, it shows the previous mapping.

So if I assign 2 values to the "Assigned Names" , should it work correctly or is there any existing issue?

Because right now it is not considering the second mapping.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2012 02:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Object Mapping : same component twice [message #888443 is a reply to message #888340] Mon, 18 June 2012 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Do you mean that there is actually a real button in the pop-up, or are you mapping the menu entries as buttons? (What kind of application are you testing?). If you are mapping the menu entries as buttons, this is not the "correct" way to work with context menus. Instead, you should use a path (textpath or indexpath) to navigate through the context menu. As many of your last posts have been about this topic, I'd suggest that you do the cheat sheet if you haven't already. The post I referenced in another thread also contains information on not mapping the menu entries as individual buttons, but working with paths. Information and examples on using textpath and indexpath is in the action description in the reference manual.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Object Mapping : same component twice [message #888486 is a reply to message #888443] Mon, 18 June 2012 07:27 Go to previous message
Anu J is currently offline Anu JFriend
Hello Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I did try the examples 2-3 times and now I got it working.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Selecting Node using Treepath
Next Topic:Adding language support to reused projects (unbound_modules_concrete / _rcp / _swt).
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:23:22 GMT 2024