Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Left Click operation on a pop up menu(Left Click operation on a pop up menu)
Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #886085] Thu, 14 June 2012 08:10 Go to next message
Anu J is currently offline Anu JFriend
Hi,

This is my operation flow:

1) Right Click on a node in a tree.
2) A pop up menu gets displayed with a number of operations.
3) LEFT click on any one of the option on the pop up menu.
4) Check something in the output.

These are the commands I am using:
ub_tre_selectNode_byTextpath
ub_grc_clickRight_single

My question is how can I perform a single left click operation on any one item
from the pop up menu which is displayed which I right clicked it?

I am unable to select any option from the "right click poppped up" menu.

Please tell me if my question is not clear.I will rephrase it.

Thanks.

Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #886087 is a reply to message #886085] Thu, 14 June 2012 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

This question was already answered in my message in the previous thread..

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #886108 is a reply to message #886087] Thu, 14 June 2012 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I referred

help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help%2Fhtml%2Freference%2Fnode11.html

In section Select Context Menu Entry by Textpath,

•Jubula realises this by:
◦Right-clicking in the component, at the place where the cursor currently is.
◦Navigating to the menu item specified.
◦Left-clicking on the menu option.

I just want to confirm, it means that if we want to select an option from a right click pop up menu, we just need to use "ub_grc_selectContextMenuEntry_byTextpath" ONLY.

If this is the case, where should I specify which option should be left clicked from the pop up menu. There are only three parameters TEXTPATH,OPERATOR,MOUSE_BUTTON.(As there are a number of options)

Please clarify.
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #886113 is a reply to message #886108] Thu, 14 June 2012 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

yes, that is the action. If you read further in the description, you will see the list of parameters and what is expected for each one.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #886123 is a reply to message #886113] Thu, 14 June 2012 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Sorry, but I dont get what you`re saying.

The current status is that the tool is right clicking the desired menu item and just stops there.

AS I mentioned in my previous post, there are only three parameters to be input:

TEXTPATH = Path to the node which should be left clicked(after right click)
OPERATOR = equals
MOUSE_BUTTON = 3

But if I give the above values, then it stops with the right click operation.

How should I initiate the left click operation?

Sorry but is there something Im missing out?
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #886158 is a reply to message #886123] Thu, 14 June 2012 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to first select the node on the tree, then select from the context menu.
The cheat sheet I mentioned in the other thread has exactly this example in it, so I would recommend doing the cheat sheet to learn how this aspect works.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #886462 is a reply to message #886158] Fri, 15 June 2012 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. I got it working.

Thanks.
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #1644221 is a reply to message #886158] Mon, 02 March 2015 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rebecca Smith is currently offline Rebecca SmithFriend
Hi,
I am having a similar issue. I have looked at the other threads, as well as the cheat sheet, and my test continues to die trying to select the context menu item. I am running Jubula 8.1 stand alone against an RCP application. I've received a variety of error messages back, ranging from "Timeout received before confirming the posted event" to "Context Menu not found". I am not sure why it fails to find the menu option.

I have also tried both select by textpath and select by index, hoping one would work, but no luck.

Attached is the screenshot from Jubula. It appears to be getting the context menu to display, but fails to select anything. The cursor never moves onto the menu, so nothing ever gets selected. I tried a few times to export the test results details, but the tool never output anything to the paths provided.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
Thanks!
Becky
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #1645582 is a reply to message #1644221] Mon, 02 March 2015 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Becky,

Thanks for the image and the information. If I understand correctly, you're doing the following actions:

- select from the tree
- select from context menu

Is that correct?

Without seeing the test results, it's hard to guess what might be the cause, but here are some suspicions:
- Which mouse button are you using to open the context menu? It should be '3'
- Which actions are you using exactly?
- Which version of Java are you using, and which version of Eclipse (and is it pure or with compatibility layer)?

To get the test result details, you should be able to:
- Export the test results from the reporting perspective
- Or, you can configure in the preferences that a test should write a HTML report to the place you specify (this can be found in the test result preferences)
- If all else fails, take a screenshot of the test specification and provide the parameters you are using / attach the project if you can

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #1648374 is a reply to message #1645582] Tue, 03 March 2015 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the reply. In response to your questions:

- select from the tree
- select from context menu

Is that correct? - yes, this is correct

Without seeing the test results, it's hard to guess what might be the cause, but here are some suspicions:
- Which mouse button are you using to open the context menu? It should be '3' - I have tried both 1 and 3, with no change in results
- Which actions are you using exactly? - ub_tre_selectNode_byIndexpath and I have tried both ub_grc_selectCOntextMenuEntry_byTextpath and ub_grc_selectContextMenuEntry_byIndexpath
- Which version of Java are you using, and which version of Eclipse (and is it pure or with compatibility layer)? - I believe I am using Java 1.6 (though with multiple versions installed, I'm not sure how I know for sure. Running from the cmd window, java -version returns 1.8.0_31) At a minimum, I know we are relying only on 1.6 functionality, so either using a 1.6 JVM or a new JVM with 1.6 compatibility. Eclipse version the AUT was built with is Helios (3.6.2), and the AUT is built for a 64-bit JVM.

I've attached a screenshot of the test results, since I am still unable to export them (I tried changing directories, but it didn't help, and no, there are no spaces in the path name).

I'm running on a 64-bit Windows 7 platform and am using the embedded AUT agent.

Please let me know if you need more information.
Thanks!
Becky
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #1649168 is a reply to message #1648374] Wed, 04 March 2015 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the information and the image. I see what is happening now.

The test isn't getting as far as the context menu selection in the first place - it's failing on the select from the tree.

My suspicion is the following: the select from the tree is configured to have mouse button '3'. To perform the selection in the tree, you should use mouse button '1'. The action for the context menu is the one that will require button '3'.

Since it is the tree selection that is failing, I have some more questions:
- are you able to select anything from this tree (by index or by textpath)? What happens if you just try to select the root node or a less-deep path?
- are you able to select from other trees in the application or do you have similar problems?
- can you attach the rc_rcp log extract for the exact time that the selection takes place and fails?
- if there is any way that you can provide a small example of the tree as a built application, then I can try it out here as well.

The point about the test result export is also very odd. Can you say what steps you are taking and what is in the client log at the time of trying?
Thanks!
Alex

Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #1649838 is a reply to message #1649168] Wed, 04 March 2015 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,
I've run into issues with the tree selection because it is timing out while loading the tree. I was going to look into this more, but was able to work around the issue by manually accessing data in the AUT before running the test. Is there a way to configure a timeout? I've tried adding the "DGD_IGNORE_TIMEOUT=true" to the System Environment Variables portion of the AUT launch configuration, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

If you look at the image screenshot, you can see that the tree item is selected and that the context menu gets displayed, but that nothing in the context menu itself ever gets selected. If the tree selection were the problem, I wouldn't have expected to see a tree item selected. The first test I wrote (which I also ran into problems with) also selected an item in the same tree and was able to select it and open an editor based on the selection.

As far as the log export goes, I am running from the test execution perspective. With the results displayed, I go to File|Export and select the "Test Result Details" option. I click next, then browse to a location on my local machine (I have tried multiple). The "Next" button is never enabled, so I click on "Finish". I have tried this in directories that are newly created through the browse dialog and in directories that were pre-existing.

For other logs (client log, rc_rcp log, etc), where would I find those?

Thanks!
Becky
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #1651133 is a reply to message #1649838] Thu, 05 March 2015 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Becky,

Thanks for the information.

The timeout can't currently be set. What you could do in this situation (if it is the loading of the tree that is causing problems) is to select partial paths. You can use the "relative" operator to select further from your current selection. It would mean writing a module that splits up your select into a few different selects, but perhaps it would help at least for now.

In the screenshot I can see the context menu - I'm assuming that this is from a different test run from the one you added result reports for, since that one didn't get as far as the context menu selection. Is that correct?

Thanks as well for your information on the reports. I don't know how that menu entry ended up in the file menu. The correct way to export test result reports is to:
- go to the execution perspective
- select the report you want to export from the test result summary view
- right click and select export test result details / use the export button on the toolbar

You can also configure your ITE to write test result reports in HTML after each test.
- go to the preferences (window - preferences)
- find the test/test results preferences
- select that you want to write html/xml reports and configure where

If you can then add the test result report for a test that produces the screenshot above I'll take a look. You'll find the logs in your home directory/.jubula.
Again, if you can provide a small example then I can check that out too.

Best regards,
Alex

Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #1654815 is a reply to message #1651133] Fri, 06 March 2015 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the suggestions. I broke out each expansion of the tree into a separate step, using relative paths. While it is a more cumbersome way to deal with the timeout issue, It did allow me to work around the limitations of the current implementation. Once I got that portion working, and got the button clicking set as you suggest (1 for the select of the tree node, then 3 for the select of the context menu) I was able to get the test to progress beyond the context menu.

Thanks again for your support and responsiveness. It is important for me to know that the forum support is reliable and diligent as I work through my trade study on automated testing tools.

Becky
Re: Left Click operation on a pop up menu [message #1659609 is a reply to message #1654815] Sun, 08 March 2015 22:39 Go to previous message
Hi Becky,

I'm glad that writing the test like that works for you. If you can get your team to provide a small example of the tree, we can take a closer look at what's going on.

Let us know if you run into any other questions.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:JavaFX and swing app
Next Topic:How to control test steps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:34:58 GMT 2024