Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Strategy for Release 3.8(Strategy for Release 3.8)
Strategy for Release 3.8 [message #885713] Wed, 13 June 2012 13:19 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello Foundation,
Is there any published strategy of how 3.8 will be pursued in the future? I understand that 3.8 will be available at the same time as 4.2 (Juno) and that "The 4.2 release is a mature platform release containing significant new feature work, while the 3.8 release focuses on stability and bug fixes." (quote from eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=eclipse).

- will there still be services releases 3.8.1 and 3.8.2?

- what will be the official source to update to 3.8? My understanding is that download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/ will not contain the 3.8 platform features.

Thanks,
Re: Strategy for Release 3.8 [message #889830 is a reply to message #885713] Tue, 19 June 2012 20:18 Go to previous message
Ian Skerrett is currently offline Ian SkerrettFriend
Quote:
- will there still be services releases 3.8.1 and 3.8.2?

You should ask the project PMC for their release plans.

Quote:
- what will be the official source to update to 3.8? My understanding is that download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/ will not contain the 3.8 platform features.

Eclipse 3.8 will be available from the project download site. It will not be able on the main download page.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Public License and software modifications
Next Topic:Eclipse Bugzilla exported data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:40:15 GMT 2024