Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Is there a way to have filters be host specific?(When I create a filter, it persists throughout all my hosts.)
Is there a way to have filters be host specific? [message #885298] Tue, 12 June 2012 19:10 Go to next message
Nick Spinner is currently offline Nick SpinnerFriend
When I create a filter, it persists throughout all my hosts. If I delete it from the other hosts, it deletes it everywhere. Is there an option or setting that I'm missing when creating the filter? I would like to have different filters for different hosts.

When I go and look at the specific filter under "Filter pools," its name is CN-<host it was created in>-ssh.files, but it still is included in all hosts I have currently created and any hosts added after.
Re: Is there a way to have filters be host specific? [message #885301 is a reply to message #885298] Tue, 12 June 2012 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
On the 2nd page of the "new filter" wizard, use the checkbox "only create filter in this connection". If that doesn't work, file a defect.
Re: Is there a way to have filters be host specific? [message #885303 is a reply to message #885301] Tue, 12 June 2012 19:23 Go to previous message
Nick Spinner is currently offline Nick SpinnerFriend
Oh, I see. When you right click on the file node for a host in the remote systems explorer and create a new filter, you are given that option on the second page. However, if you browse through the files and right click a folder -> New -> Filter to add a filter to that particular folder, I'm not seeing that option. Thanks for the work around.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 June 2012 19:31]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Where is the Terminal View user documentation?
Next Topic:[Announce] TM 3.4 has been released with Juno
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:09:53 GMT 2024