Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » [SOLVED] Koneki Deliverables?(Request for official/src/drop-in deliverables)
[SOLVED] Koneki Deliverables? [message #885100] Tue, 12 June 2012 13:21 Go to next message
Bart Van Bos is currently offline Bart Van BosFriend

Hi all,

We are trying to integrate the Koneki LUA Feature into an eclipse product. Our eclipse product is a mix of existing open source features and in-house developped eclipse features. In order to be compliant with the EPL license, we need to be able to deliver the sources from everything we deliver (both in-house and externally integrated features).

Currently we are using the 'SDK' drop-in variants from external features to integrate them in our own site.xml based update-site (we did not implement a p2 variant yet). Hence the following questions/requests:

(a) Currently Koneki is available through a P2 update-site which runs in nightly build mode. Is there a plan to provide a site with stable release deliveries?

(b) Is is possible to also provide the Koneki feature in a dropin's compatible archive, preferrably also offering an SDK variant (src+bin)?

(c) Will the source also be offered as a seperate feature in the future?

(d) What is the plan on official/stable deliveries on the Koneki project?

Best regards,
Bart

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2013 15:11] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #885126 is a reply to message #885100] Tue, 12 June 2012 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hello Bart!

Quote:
We are trying to integrate the Koneki LUA Feature into an eclipse product.

Hey, that's awesome!

Quote:
(a) Currently Koneki is available through a P2 update-site which runs in nightly build mode. Is there a plan to provide a site with stable release deliveries?

Sure, the final 0.8 version will be with Juno at the end of the month. Regular 0.8 milestones have been published on the eclipse.ialto.org/koneki/releases/0.8milestones update site (N-1 milestones are usually archived when a new milestone is out).
We've been releasing the milestones according to the project plan.

Quote:
(b) Is is possible to also provide the Koneki feature in a dropin's compatible archive, preferrably also offering an SDK variant (src+bin)?

What are the requirements to do so? I guess you'd like to be able to download a zip corresponding to the org.eclipse.koneki.ldt feature, right? Please open a bug and I'd be glad to investigate this, it should be pretty straightforward. You might even contribute the patch yourself if you're familiar with Tycho! -- Tycho is awesome, btw.

Quote:
(c) Will the source also be offered as a seperate feature in the future?

Just to be sure, you want a source feature, that's it? Again, please open a bug! Smile

Quote:
(d) What is the plan on official/stable deliveries on the Koneki project?

We will work on the 0.9 plan right after the 0.8 release. We'd like to release 0.9 by the end of the year and graduate (1.0) with Kepler next year.

We will probably run a poll to gather feedback before scheduling the work items for 0.9, but one thing we have on our plate is to refactor some of the plug-ins to make it clearer what's API and what's not, and improve the overall architecture. You should expect API changes before 1.0 (this is why 0.xs are for right? Smile), but maybe if you could share a bit more about the kind of integration you're willing to do, maybe we can take extra-care when refactoring things up. For example, do you plan on "just" shipping LDT , or will you extend wizards, preferences, templates, etc...

Cheers!
Benjamin.

Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #891732 is a reply to message #885126] Mon, 25 June 2012 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Bart,
Are the answers OK with you? Is there anything else you'd need?
That would be super cool if you could take some time to file the couple bugs that will allow you to trace your requests.

Thank you!
Ben

Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #893035 is a reply to message #891732] Mon, 02 July 2012 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Benjamin,

My request in topic (b) became irrelavant in our project, because I refactered our build system to be P2 compliant. I created some helper scripts which make a diff on eclipse/features and eclipse/plugins before and after the installation of a new feature through an update site. Then I use this list to generated out own self-contained P2 compatible update site.

With regards to topic (a) and (d), I took the update site from eclipse.ialto.org/koneki/releases/0.8milestones, which is good enough for now.

With regards to topic (c), I've just created a [bug/feature request] for it: hxxps://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384030

BR,
Bart

[Updated on: Mon, 02 July 2012 11:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #893036 is a reply to message #893035] Mon, 02 July 2012 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Bart Van Bos wrote on Mon, 02 July 2012 13:47

With regards to topic (a) and (d), I took the update site from eclipse.ialto.org/koneki/releases/0.8milestones, which is good enough for now.

Oops it looks like I gave you an URL towards a mirror, which, even though it should be fine, is probably not a good idea. I must have done a mistake with my clipboard...
It's probably better for you to rely on this URL: http://download.eclipse.org/koneki/releases/0.8milestones

Hi Benjamin,
With regards to topic (c), I've just created a [bug/feature request] for it: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384030

Great, thanks for that!

Benjamin

Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #893271 is a reply to message #885100] Tue, 03 July 2012 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

For the record, the latest nightly update site now includes the source feature!

Cheers,
Benjamin.

Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #893307 is a reply to message #893271] Tue, 03 July 2012 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Benjamin,

Thanks a lot for this! This is very much appreciated.

Bart
Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #902494 is a reply to message #893307] Fri, 17 August 2012 22:43 Go to previous message

HI Bart,
How are things going with the integration of Koneki into your product? Smile

Cheers!
Benjamin.

Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #1416495 is a reply to message #885126] Mon, 25 June 2012 16:17 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Bart,
Are the answers OK with you? Is there anything else you'd need?
That would be super cool if you could take some time to file the couple bugs that will allow you to trace your requests.

Thank you!
Ben
Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #1416500 is a reply to message #891732] Mon, 02 July 2012 11:47 Go to previous message

Hi Benjamin,

My request in topic (b) became irrelavant in our project, because I refactered our build system to be P2 compliant. I created some helper scripts which make a diff on eclipse/features and eclipse/plugins before and after the installation of a new feature through an update site. Then I use this list to generated out own self-contained P2 compatible update site.

With regards to topic (c), I've just created a [bug/feature request] for it: hxxps://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384030

BR,
Bart
Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #1416501 is a reply to message #893035] Mon, 02 July 2012 11:57 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
> With regards to topic (a) and (d), I took the update site from eclipse.ialto.org/koneki/releases/0.8milestones, which is good enough for now.

Oops it looks like I gave you an URL towards a mirror, which, even though it should be fine, is probably not a good idea. I must have done a mistake with my clipboard...
It's probably better for you to rely on this URL: http://download.eclipse.org/koneki/releases/0.8milestones

> Hi Benjamin,
> With regards to topic (c), I've just created a [bug/feature request] for it: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384030

Great, thanks for that!

Benjamin
Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #1416503 is a reply to message #893271] Tue, 03 July 2012 13:50 Go to previous message

Benjamin,

Thanks a lot for this! This is very much appreciated.

Bart
Re: Koneki Deliverables? [message #1416605 is a reply to message #1416503] Fri, 17 August 2012 22:43 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
HI Bart,
How are things going with the integration of Koneki into your product? :)

Cheers!
Benjamin.
Previous Topic:Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources?
Next Topic:Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:57:14 GMT 2024