Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Combo dropdown issue on 3.7.2
Combo dropdown issue on 3.7.2 [message #884757] Mon, 11 June 2012 18:59 Go to next message
Laurent Dubois is currently offline Laurent DuboisFriend
Hello,

I'm seeing a weird issue with a combo dropdown widget where the dropdown list does not show up anymore if selecting the existing value in the drop down. This seems to happen only on Unix (Linux, AIX, possibly Solaris but didn't get a chance to try on that platform yet).
I just create a combo dropdown widget with 3 values (1,2,3). If 1 is selected , click on the dropdown widget and select 1 again, then clicking on the widget does not show the list anymore. Choosing a different value does not exhibit this problem - you can click on the dropdown widget and the value list will show up. I did verify that mouse events were properly triggered so I'm not sure what's going on...
Anyone seen this before? Is this a bug in 3.7.2?

thanks
Re: Combo dropdown issue on 3.7.2 [message #884826 is a reply to message #884757] Mon, 11 June 2012 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quick follow-up on this issue.
I created a sample application with just a single dropdown combo widget with 3 values.
On Linux and AIX, as soon as a selection is made, the dropdown widget stops working (you do not get the list of values when clicking on the drop down).
I'm unable to reproduce this behavior on windows or solaris....
FIXED -- Re: Combo dropdown issue on 3.7.2 [message #885387 is a reply to message #884826] Tue, 12 June 2012 22:46 Go to previous message
The issue turned out to be related to the X client used. Exceed shows the problem, but Xming does not.
Previous Topic:Screen Reader Won't Read Spinner
Next Topic:How to build Windows 7/64-bit SWT apps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:19:06 GMT 2024