Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Running AUTs View(AUT will not appear in Running AUTs View)
Running AUTs View [message #884738] Mon, 11 June 2012 17:56 Go to next message
Greg Lyon is currently offline Greg LyonFriend
Hello,

I am a new user to Jubula, and I am currently trying to use Jubula to automate some tests of an RCP GUI remotely and am having some problems getting the AUT to launch correctly.

I am using the toolbar Start AUT button, and the application fully launches and I can interact with it completely. The AUT appears in the Progress view as starting, but never appears in the running AUTs view. Thus, I cannot access Jubula's testing features (such as object mapping or observer mode).

I'm using IBM Rational® Software Architect Version: 8.0.3, SWT 3.6.2 and JRE 1.6.0., Jubula standalone version 6.0.00072. The RCP Jubula plug-in is in my product plug-ins directory. I have added all the necessary information to my config.ini file (and I checked not to include white space in it as well).
Any tips or advice on how to approach this problem is appreciated.

Greg
Re: Running AUTs View [message #885055 is a reply to message #884738] Tue, 12 June 2012 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

It sounds like you've done everything right for the configuration (the only thing I'd suggest trying is a -clean in the AUT arguments, just to be on the safe side, and making sure that your client, agent and RCP plugins are all in the right version (which would probably only not be the case if you have updated from a previous version)). I'm not familiar with the Software Architect - what part does that play exactly?

The one other thing that occurs to me is how you have defined the AUT itself (in the "toolkit" combo box for the AUT) - are you starting it as an SWT or an RCP application?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Running AUTs View [message #885333 is a reply to message #885055] Tue, 12 June 2012 20:37 Go to previous message
Greg Lyon is currently offline Greg LyonFriend
Thanks for you quick response,

So it turned out to be that I forgot to update the AUT executable address in the AUT configuration. I changed the address of the executable when I fixed the config.ini file, but did not tell the AUT. So this error was technically because the config.ini file was not correct for the RCP.

Greg
Previous Topic:RCP recommended naming technique not working
Next Topic:Data entry testing strategies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:03:05 GMT 2024