Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Oracle WLS fails to start with proxy enabled(Oracle WLS fails to start with proxy enabled)
Oracle WLS fails to start with proxy enabled [message #884624] Mon, 11 June 2012 13:57 Go to next message
Zack Macomber is currently offline Zack MacomberFriend
I'm trying to configure WLS in Eclipse and getting a "failed to start" message when attempting to start it. Another error message I'm seeing is "Unable to validate WebLogic domain". I was able to run my local instance of WLS (10.3.3) no problem in Eclipse (Indigo) last week but now I'm failing. The only thing that I can see different is that our PCs are now configured to run through a proxy. However, the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" box is checked off and both my computer name and 127.0.0.1 are listed in the "OK" list in the proxy settings.

What more do I need to do in order to be able to run WLS on my PC with proxy settings enabled?
Re: Oracle WLS fails to start with proxy enabled [message #884626 is a reply to message #884624] Mon, 11 June 2012 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zack Macomber is currently offline Zack MacomberFriend
What's odd is that WLS IS starting...I can open up my web application and also go to the WLS console home no problem. But, Eclipse is giving me a failure message and ultimately not showing it as started...
Oracle WLS fails to start with proxy enabled [message #892138 is a reply to message #884626] Wed, 27 June 2012 08:08 Go to previous message
SOPAN MISHRA is currently offline SOPAN MISHRAFriend
Zack Macomber wrote on Mon, 11 June 2012 23:03
What's odd is that WLS IS starting...I can open up my web application and also go to the WLS console home no problem. But, Eclipse is giving me a failure message and ultimately not showing it as started...

I'm facing the same issue with indigo+weblogic 10.3.5 though weblogic 8.1 works fine.
I can start my domain locally but on configuring from eclipse I get the error-Stopped, Unable to validate WebLogic Domain
I googled and the nearest I could get was --
"forevergarden17.blogspot.in/2011/02/stopped-unable-to-validate-weblogic.html"
--(when eclipse is working on java 6 (and it has to, because oracle development tools for helios requires java 6) and weblogic is running on java 5.
The workaround is simple:
add
-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true
after -vmargs string in eclipse.ini)
which doesn't seem relevant or helpful in my case
Wish somebody could shed some light on the topic.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2012 08:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Any pure Java startup of Eclipse?
Next Topic:No output in eclipse console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:10:53 GMT 2024