Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » The command org.eclipse.ui.views.showView(The command org.eclipse.ui.views.showView not show my own views)
The command org.eclipse.ui.views.showView [message #882068] Tue, 05 June 2012 19:02 Go to next message
Esteban Avila is currently offline Esteban AvilaFriend
Hi,

I added the plg of PyDev to my app.

When i want to use the command org.eclipse.ui.views.showView, it list all the views of the PyDev plg, but i want to see my own view of the perspectives.

How can i do this?

Thanks.
Re: The command org.eclipse.ui.views.showView [message #882246 is a reply to message #882068] Wed, 06 June 2012 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Scholz is currently offline Simon ScholzFriend
Hi,

First I have to admit, that I do not know the PyDev plugin.

Is your problem, that your views do not appear in this menu or that also those PyDev views are available?

As long you use the org.eclipse.ui.views extension to register your views in your plugin.xml, they should also appear in the dialog, which is shown when the org.eclipse.ui.views.showView Command is invoked.

If you want to remove some views of the PyDev plugin from the showView Dialog, you will have to remove them from the plugin.xml of the PyDev plugin.

By the way:
Quote:
..., but i want to see my own view of the perspectives.

Views do not belong to a certain perspective, they generally can be opened in every perspective.

Best regards,

Simon
Re: The command org.eclipse.ui.views.showView [message #883411 is a reply to message #882246] Fri, 08 June 2012 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Avila is currently offline Esteban AvilaFriend
Hi Simon

PyDev is a Python IDE for Eclipse, which may be used in Python, Jython and IronPython development. You can find more info in the official web site. (i can't post the url)

My views do not appear in this menu and PyDev views are available in this menu.

I want show all the views inside this control, i don't know what is happened.

Regards

Esteban.
Re: The command org.eclipse.ui.views.showView [message #884308 is a reply to message #882068] Sun, 10 June 2012 19:18 Go to previous message
Simon Scholz is currently offline Simon ScholzFriend
Hi Esteban,

Did you correctly register your own views in the plugin.xml of your plugin project?
Like it is done here :

help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fworkbench_basicext_views.htm

Another common mistake is that your own project is not selected in the plugins tab of the run configurations, so that your own project will not be started withing the client.

I myself do use the org.eclipse.ui.views.showView in my new own little private RCP project and it works like it should.

Best regards,

Simon
Previous Topic:Mark modified files
Next Topic:Trying to get CSS styling working on 3.x
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:52:46 GMT 2024