Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Start RCP AUT from Eclipse
Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #881805] Tue, 05 June 2012 09:26 Go to next message
Stefan Mertins is currently offline Stefan MertinsFriend
Hey,

I used to start my RCP AUT from Eclipse with the "Start AUT" button, as descriped here help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help%2Fhtml%2Fmanual%2Fnode266.html and it worked a couple of months ago.
We updated to Jubula 1.2 from 1.1 and I switched from a Windows 7 PC to Linux and now I can't start the AUT from Eclipse.
The problem is concerned around the autagent. If I don't start an external agent (so start Aut runs his own) I can't connect to my AUT via Jubula Client. If I start an external autagent via console I can't start my AUT in Eclipse because I get a error message stating "Another AUT Agent is alredy running".

Is this a known issue or is there just a configuration problem on my side?

Stefan
Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #881808 is a reply to message #881805] Tue, 05 June 2012 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

It sounds like a configuration problem. Unfortunately, I can't determine from your description where the problem might be Wink

A couple of possible areas to look could be:
- The switch from Windows to Linux - check the hostname and the paths to executable files in your AUT configuration
- Bear in mind that the embedded agent has a different working directory to the separate agent
- If you are getting an error that another agent is running, then it could be the case that you are trying to run your separate agent on the same port number as the embedded agent. Bear in mind that the embedded agent only stops running when you close the ITE.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #882326 is a reply to message #881805] Wed, 06 June 2012 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Mertins is currently offline Stefan MertinsFriend
Hey,

my description wasn't exact enough.

I want to start an RCP AUT from within eclipse. I don't have an executable file, just my code, wich is usually started via run-configurations in eclipse, while in development. I don't export the code, I just want to start it like discriped in the above postet link with the "Jubula run-configuration button" called "Start AUT".
So far, this works. The AUT Run seems to start an AUT Agent, because no AUT Agent is running at that time according to this:
Quote:

If Jubula is currently connected to an AUT Agent , then that AUT Agent will be used.
If an embedded AUT Agent is running, then Jubula will connect to the embedded AUT Agent and use that for AUT registration.
Jubula will start an embedded AUT Agent , connect to it, and use that for AUT registration.

After the AUT is running, I start Jubula (stand alone version, not from within eclipse). But I cannot connect to the AUT Agent.

[UPDATE]
Some Jubula Client is alredy connected, was the hint. I guessed, that somehow the eclipse plugin jubula client connected automatically and it did. But there is no AUT in the "Running AUT" view.
I disconnected the from the AUT Agent in the eclipse plugin Jubula and connected my stand alone Jubula Client to the AUT Agent, but still no Runnung AUT in the View.
So something is still wrong.
Have I to add a plugin to my run-configuration like I have to with the exported AUT? Im sure I didn't need it last time I started my AUT this way.

Stefan
Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #882802 is a reply to message #882326] Thu, 07 June 2012 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

So if I understand correctly, you're using the Launch Configurations for Jubula - starting your AUT from within the IDE (the help appears to be down at the moment, so I can't recheck the link).

I haven't worked with the launch configurations myself, but I assume that if they start the embedded agent, then it will be started on 60000. You should then be able to connect to "localhost" 60000 from a Jubula ITE and see the AUT in the running AUTs view. Bear in mind that you should not connect to the embedded agent from the Jubula client - this will try to start it again (which would explain the error message you mentioned in your first post).

HTH,
Alex
Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #1050036 is a reply to message #882326] Fri, 26 April 2013 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Aristov is currently offline Denis AristovFriend
Stefan Mertins wrote on Wed, 06 June 2012 05:00
I want to start an RCP AUT from within eclipse. I don't have an executable file, just my code...

Is it possible not to export the eclipse app and to test it within IDE? I want to do the same but I wasn't able to find any information in the help. It seems that Jubula needs an executable for testing, does it? First I thought that only standalone version of Jubula needs an executable, but then I installed Jubula plugin hoping that it would provide own run-configuration settings to Eclipse. But no.

Sorry, wasn't attentive enough. It is described here:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help%2Fhtml%2Fmanual%2Fnode266.html

[Updated on: Fri, 26 April 2013 16:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #1050432 is a reply to message #1050036] Sat, 27 April 2013 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasn't able to figure out how to start an AUT by using a launch configuration. When I start it I only see the AUT Agent to be connected. But 'Running AUTs' view is empty. Do I still need to add this remote control plugin to my eclipse app? I added it to the config, but 'Running AUTs' view was still empty.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 April 2013 06:23]

Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #1051880 is a reply to message #1050432] Mon, 29 April 2013 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yes, you do need the plugin. It's also important to follow all the steps in the help topic you referenced (specifically the fact that you need the features for using the launch configuration installed, if you have not already done so).
If you're still having problems, please post more information - version of Jubula you're using, any log entries, etc.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #1052759 is a reply to message #1051880] Tue, 30 April 2013 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I was able to start the AUT by using launch configuration. But I can't record anything. When I click on 'Start Observation Mode' and then start clicking some elements in my app I get a lot of UnsupportedComponentException's. I've attached the log file.

I use Eclipse Juno 4.2.1
Jubula plugin 1.2.2.201209040912

[Updated on: Tue, 30 April 2013 13:51]

Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #1053501 is a reply to message #1052759] Mon, 06 May 2013 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Do you see the AUT in the running AUTs view (you should be able to open the view using Show View). If the AUT is not listed there, then it is probably not correctly started. I'd suspect either that the RCP accessor is incorrectly added / configured, or that you've perhaps used the "wrong" configuration. Have you installed the feature for Launch Configuration for Eclipse RCP?

HTH,
Alex
Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #1053527 is a reply to message #1053501] Mon, 06 May 2013 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yes I see it.

Jubula 1.2.2.201209040912
Jubula Launch Support for Eclipse RCP 1.2.2.201209040912
are installed.

How I configured everything...

My app side configuration:
'Start AUT Configurations...'
'Arguments' tab
In 'VM Arguments' text area I entered
-Dosgi.bundles=<content usually used in the config without jubula>,reference:file:/<path to the remote control plugin>@1:start

In the test tab I specified an AUT id and keyboard layout.

Jubula side configuration:
I created a project and specified an AUT with the id I had created before
Re: Start RCP AUT from Eclipse [message #1058489 is a reply to message #1053527] Tue, 14 May 2013 11:05 Go to previous message
Thanks for the update. A couple more questions:
- can you see in your application that the remote control plugin is loaded when the application is running?
- can you execute existing tests / use the object mapping mode (this may just be an issue with the observation mode)

Thanks!
Alex
Previous Topic:Can Executable File Name of AUT configuration be set with environment variable?
Next Topic:AUT activation method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:08:22 GMT 2024