Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Project Proposals » Damos proposal?
Damos proposal? [message #881622] Mon, 04 June 2012 23:49 Go to next message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner KeilFriend
Hi,

I hope I'm not ahead of any announcement here, but I saw a Tweet about the
Damos proposal:
http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/tools.damos/

And the first draft of that seems to be out at least a month now.

Either for actual representation of physical models (with Temperature
mentioned as an example by the draft) or for certain generated code
including markup like UCUM Damos seems extremely interesting to the UOMo
project and involved parties.

Could someone please list me as Interested Party on behalf of UOMo:
- Werner Keil, Eclipse UOMo

Thanks,
Werner
Re: Damos proposal? [message #892121 is a reply to message #881622] Wed, 27 June 2012 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Unger is currently offline Andreas UngerFriend
Hi Werner,

sorry for the late reply. I will add you to the list of interested parties.

Damos has language-level support for units of measurements. It will be interesting to see how both projects can benefit from each other Smile

Andreas
Re: Damos proposal? [message #892338 is a reply to message #881622] Wed, 27 June 2012 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

Not sure how this works, but if possible I would also like to be listed as an interested party. After a couple of conversations Bernd Kolb and some of the other itemis guys at EclipseCon, I became very interested in the platform. I have not had much time to spend with Damos/Yakindu over the last several months. Just today I was looking to start working with the platform more, and help with any bug fixes, and came across the proposal.

So whether or not I can be listed as an interested party (or my company), I am still very interested and would like to help in any way possible.

Thanks,

JD
Re: Damos proposal? [message #892357 is a reply to message #892338] Wed, 27 June 2012 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Joseph,

I will add you to the list of interested parties. What is the name of your company?

Andreas
Re: Damos proposal? [message #892487 is a reply to message #892357] Thu, 28 June 2012 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

The name of my company is Financial OpenSource. I am really only just starting work on the company now and will hopefully have a website and a little more branding within several weeks.

Thanks,

JD
Re: Damos proposal? [message #896884 is a reply to message #881622] Fri, 20 July 2012 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi Andreas and all!

Koneki team is very interested in collaborating with Damos, and so is the M2M Industry Working Group. A modeling/code generation environment would be a great addition to the development framework we aim at establishing, and there could certainly be an M2M blocks library that'd provide components to acquire data on GPIOs, send data using specific encoding chains, etc.

I was wondering if you have anything to "easily" deploy the generated code on an actual target, or is it up to the developer to do it manually?

On a related note, you might be interested in our recently proposed project, Mihini, that aims at providing a Lua-based M2M framework that provides a scripting environment facilitating the access to HW I/Os, network, etc. It'd be interesting to see how one could benefit from targetting Mihini for the actual implementation of Damos' blocks (especially given that Mihini implements a collaborative scheduler)

Anyways, kudos for this proposal! I have been following Yakindu and Damos for a long time and I am thrilled to see you guys moving to Eclipse!
Benjamin.

Re: Damos proposal? [message #897310 is a reply to message #896884] Mon, 23 July 2012 14:45 Go to previous message
Hi Benjamin,

Right now it's up to the developer to deploy the generated code. However, Damos has basic support for I/O mapping using target generators, so that (in theory) you don't have to write a single line of (glue) code. You then just have to run the compiler and flash/download the binaries to the target. The other scenario is when you use Damos models as behavioral models only (e.g. within a component model). In this case you have to provide a generator that bridges the generated Damos API to the generated code of the enclosing model.

It would indeed be interesting to see how Koneki/Mihini and Damos could be combined Smile

Andreas
Previous Topic:Tapit advertising network SDK Intergration with Eclipse Foundation
Next Topic:VJET JavaScript Toolkit Proposal available for review
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:09:21 GMT 2024