Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [XPand] How does mwe workflow engine find custom components?
[XPand] How does mwe workflow engine find custom components? [message #881363] Mon, 04 June 2012 12:12 Go to next message
Alan DW is currently offline Alan DWFriend
Hello everyone,

I'm running a *.mwe-workflow from inside my program. This workflow contains several custom components, therefore classes which extend "org.eclipse.emf.core.lib.AbstractWorkflowComponent".

I have two such workflow component classes (in two different independent eclipse projects!) which accidentally share the same qualified name, but do different things since they are related to different projects.

Now, when I'm running the workflow, it seems that the workflow runner always chooses the same component class, regardless of which of the two projects is executed.

Which brings me to my questions:
- How does the workflow executor find the custom workflow component classes? Where does it look first?
- Can the search space be narrowed down, e.g. to the contents of a single project?

Thanks,

Alan
Re: [XPand] How does mwe workflow engine find custom components? [message #892687 is a reply to message #881363] Fri, 29 June 2012 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Hi Alan,

the classes are resolved through the Classpath, so it depends on the order in the Classpath which class will be picked first.

Regards,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: [XPand] How does mwe workflow engine find custom components? [message #892692 is a reply to message #892687] Fri, 29 June 2012 08:52 Go to previous message
Alan DW is currently offline Alan DWFriend
Hello Karsten,

thanks for your response - this knowledge will certainly be useful for our project!

Regards,

Alan
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Metamodel resolving and URI
Next Topic:is there an Xpand Hibernate cartridge?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:08:46 GMT 2024