Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Report(Integrating reports)
Report [message #881296] Mon, 04 June 2012 09:49 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

does anybody have an example or tutorial on how to integrate reporting (BIRT and / or Jasper) into scout.

Only have to create rather simple reports. The data comes directly out of the database and the results should be printed or exported to excel.

Regards Bertin

Re: Report [message #882241 is a reply to message #881296] Wed, 06 June 2012 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Wiehl is currently offline Daniel WiehlFriend
Eclipse Scout works fine with both of the technologies mentioned but has no built-in support to facilitate working with JasperReports or Birt.

Indeed we did some integration work to smoothly work with those two technologies in Eclipse Scout projects with success. Unfortunately, this is just experimental and therefore not bundled within the official Scout release yet. But we have good experience in both technologies which is why we are using JasperReports to generate PDF or MS Word documents and BIRT chart API to render inline application charts.

If you like I can provide you with our internal integration Plug-Ins to facilitate working on those things. Anyway, please be in mind that at this very time, it is not on our schedule to port those integration Plug-Ins to open source.

If simply having to export some data to MS Excel I suggest you to use Apache POI or something similar instead. This would be much simpler than using JasperReports or Birt. Of couse if doing some more sophisticated reports, JasperReports or Birt would be a good choice for sure.
Re: Report [message #882291 is a reply to message #882241] Wed, 06 June 2012 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
For now I need some simple output, mostly just an export of what the user sees on the screen. I will have a look at Apache POI.

In the near feature the reports get more complicated. I have no need for diagrams. So jasper reports would be the best option then. I will study this first.

Do you think both techniques work in the web client that comes in the Juno release?

Re: Report [message #882558 is a reply to message #882291] Wed, 06 June 2012 18:15 Go to previous message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Bertin

Jasper reports as well as Apache POI reports can be generated on server side and afterwards be downloaded by the web client. This works fine.

For simple excel reports you could also have a look at CsvHelper and ITable.exportTableRowsAsCSV().

Regards
Claudio
Previous Topic:Beginners Notes
Next Topic:failed to load data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:22:22 GMT 2024