Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » XML Schema Definition (XSD) » Inline embedded Schema(Inline embedded Schema)
Inline embedded Schema [message #881252] Mon, 04 June 2012 08:20 Go to next message
Sasi Varnan Sundarakandasamy is currently offline Sasi Varnan SundarakandasamyFriend
How can I load an inline embedded schema as XSDSchema?

I have a model which can have any contents inside. Similar to the WSDL types, I want to inline the schema definitions there. If I declare a schema in it, I want the EMFResource to load it as XSDSchema element. Currently all my elements are loaded as XSDAnyType elements.

Please suggest.
Re: Inline embedded Schema [message #881320 is a reply to message #881252] Mon, 04 June 2012 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sasi,

Comments below.

On 04/06/2012 10:20 AM, Sasi Varnan Sundarakandasamy wrote:
> How can I load an inline embedded schema as XSDSchema?
What's it embedded in?
>
> I have a model which can have any contents inside. Similar to the WSDL
> types, I want to inline the schema definitions there. If I declare a
> schema in it, I want the EMFResource to load it as XSDSchema element.
> Currently all my elements are loaded as XSDAnyType elements.
The best you can do is use XSDResourceImpl to load the whole resource;
it will scan the DOM for xsd:schema elements and build XSDSchema
instances from them. The XSD model needs be built from a DOM; the SAX
parsing used by XMLResourceImpl/XMIResourceImpl won't suffice.
>
> Please suggest.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Inline embedded Schema [message #881836 is a reply to message #881320] Tue, 05 June 2012 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sasi Varnan Sundarakandasamy is currently offline Sasi Varnan SundarakandasamyFriend
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the input. I tried loading my file with the XSDResourceImpl and called the getSchema, but i am getting some exception logged in the cosole. Sample content attached

I am gtting the following error

org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList$BasicIndexOutOfBoundsException: index=0, size=0
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.get(BasicEList.java:352)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.patch(XSDSchemaImpl.java:1576)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.traverseToRootForPatching(XSDSchemaImpl.java:1529)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDConcreteComponentImpl.changeAttribute(XSDConcreteComponentImpl.java:1183)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.changeAttribute(XSDSchemaImpl.java:2467)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDConcreteComponentImpl.eNotify(XSDConcreteComponentImpl.java:1154)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDConcreteComponentImpl.setElementGen(XSDConcreteComponentImpl.java:2791)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDConcreteComponentImpl.setElement(XSDConcreteComponentImpl.java:2822)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.setElement(XSDSchemaImpl.java:2601)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.createMetaSchema(XSDSchemaImpl.java:538)
at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.handleSchemaElement(XSDResourceImpl.java:833)
at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.doLoad(XSDResourceImpl.java:702)
at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.doLoad(XSDResourceImpl.java:796)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1494)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1282)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:255)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:270)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:397)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.getSchemaForSchema(XSDSchemaImpl.java:665)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.handleNewBaseTypeDefinition(XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.java:1677)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.reconcileAttributes(XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.java:1625)
  • Attachment: types.xml
    (Size: 0.71KB, Downloaded 343 times)
Re: Inline embedded Schema [message #881896 is a reply to message #881836] Tue, 05 June 2012 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
What version of XSD are you using? Maybe you want to try with the
namespace used in the final 1.0 specification.

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema

On 05/06/2012 12:45 PM, Sasi Varnan Sundarakandasamy wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
>
> Thanks for the input. I tried loading my file with the XSDResourceImpl and called the getSchema, but i am getting some exception logged in the cosole. Sample content attached
>
> I am gtting the following error
>
> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList$BasicIndexOutOfBoundsException: index=0, size=0
> at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.get(BasicEList.java:352)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.patch(XSDSchemaImpl.java:1576)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.traverseToRootForPatching(XSDSchemaImpl.java:1529)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDConcreteComponentImpl.changeAttribute(XSDConcreteComponentImpl.java:1183)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.changeAttribute(XSDSchemaImpl.java:2467)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDConcreteComponentImpl.eNotify(XSDConcreteComponentImpl.java:1154)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDConcreteComponentImpl.setElementGen(XSDConcreteComponentImpl.java:2791)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDConcreteComponentImpl.setElement(XSDConcreteComponentImpl.java:2822)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.setElement(XSDSchemaImpl.java:2601)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.createMetaSchema(XSDSchemaImpl.java:538)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.handleSchemaElement(XSDResourceImpl.java:833)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.doLoad(XSDResourceImpl.java:702)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.util.XSDResourceImpl.doLoad(XSDResourceImpl.java:796)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1494)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1282)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:255)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:270)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:397)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSchemaImpl.getSchemaForSchema(XSDSchemaImpl.java:665)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.handleNewBaseTypeDefinition(XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.java:1677)
> at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.reconcileAttributes(XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.java:1625)

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Inline embedded Schema [message #881963 is a reply to message #881896] Tue, 05 June 2012 14:53 Go to previous message
Hi Ed,

The change of namespace worked. Thanks again.

Thanks & Regards
Sasi Varnan
Previous Topic:Include several XSD files
Next Topic:Defining type for specific Occrrance of the element.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:10:27 GMT 2024