Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Quick question about TestCase collaboration(How to share TestSuites + TestCase between team members?)
Quick question about TestCase collaboration [message #880200] Fri, 01 June 2012 16:07 Go to next message
J H is currently offline J HFriend
Hi All,

I was wondering how to share TestSuites and TestCases between team members that wish to work simultaneously on the same scenario.

Taking a look into the Jubula (standalone) workspace, it seems to me that everything is stored on a database (please correct me here).

Is there version control or something similar that can be employed?

Thank you for your time.
Re: Quick question about TestCase collaboration [message #880215 is a reply to message #880200] Fri, 01 June 2012 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

You are right, Jubula stores everything in a database. This also answers your question: use a multiuser database and you are set. Jubula was designed to allow multi user test development by sharing the projects in a database.

The preconfigured Jubula uses an embedded H2 database configured for single user work. This is just for ease of use while trying out the tool and not recommended for production use. Use an Oracle DB (the free XE will do fine) because that's the best tested setup.

You can export and import your projects and put the xml files into a SCM but merging these files is close to impossible.

Achim

Re: Quick question about TestCase collaboration [message #880236 is a reply to message #880215] Fri, 01 June 2012 17:26 Go to previous message
J H is currently offline J HFriend
Okay thank you Achim
Previous Topic:Modify/check properties from eclipse -> properties view
Next Topic:Suggested built-in actions for database, file manipulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:15:34 GMT 2024