Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Any way to get CODAN indexer to work with big wxwidgets app?
Any way to get CODAN indexer to work with big wxwidgets app? [message #879833] Thu, 31 May 2012 23:42 Go to next message
Jesper We is currently offline Jesper WeFriend
When using eclipse to build code that uses the wxwidgets.org framework there are some issues with the indexer that precludes getting code completion, "Open definition" and other similar features to work.

First of all wxW is a big and complex system so the indexer needs a lot of extra memory to work at all. But then you get to a point where there doesn't help to give it more memory, because the indexer is stumbling over the (quite complex) type type definition macros that wxW uses. They are either highlighted as "Syntax Error" or "Unable to resolve", even though they build fine.

I am currently working with code that uses a lot of classes with variables using these macro defined types, and I end up with 20-40% of my code flagged as erroneous, which of course makes it impossible to see if there are any real errors and also makes it difficult to use my beloved small markers at the right side of the window for navigation.

So my basic question is is any of you has any tips on possible ways to get around this?

/jesper

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2012 21:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Any way to get indexer to understand the complex macros of wxwidgets.org? [message #884489 is a reply to message #879833] Mon, 11 June 2012 07:18 Go to previous message
Jesper We is currently offline Jesper WeFriend
So I tried to run CDT 8.1 under Juno. Now the indexer seems to not have any trouble with the wxWidgets macros anymore, they are correct and I can follow the macro definition chain by pressing F3.

Instead I get a new problem: Indexing the standard C library includes is broken. In files like stdio.h, math.h etc only a few of the defined functions are seen by the indexer. If I open the .h files I can see in the outline window only maybe 1 in 10 of the functions.

Sight...
Previous Topic:delayed console display
Next Topic:Auto configure new autotools project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:44:56 GMT 2024