Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Quick fix and Generate getters/setters are inconsistent(Can I get quick fix to use same template?)
Quick fix and Generate getters/setters are inconsistent [message #879620] Thu, 31 May 2012 14:31 Go to next message
Chris S is currently offline Chris SFriend
Hi,

I'm working on a Java project with eclipse 3.7.2 where we have custom code templates for getters and setters. So when I do "Source->Generate getters and Setters..", the new methods are according to our templates.

But if have a field that I change from protected to private and it is accessed from another class, I can do a quick-fix for that where I can select "create getter and setter for X" (not exact text, but something like that). That works, but it does not use the code template, so then I have to manually change all the generated methods which is an unnecessary pain.

Is there some way I can make the quick-fix solution use the same templates that we normally use? I've search through preferences, but can't find anything that helps.

BR,
Chris
Re: Quick fix and Generate getters/setters are inconsistent [message #881334 is a reply to message #879620] Mon, 04 June 2012 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Please file a enhancement request.
Re: Quick fix and Generate getters/setters are inconsistent [message #882889 is a reply to message #881334] Thu, 07 June 2012 12:12 Go to previous message
Chris S is currently offline Chris SFriend
Hi,

I just filed a report as bug#381982 (the forum doesn't allow me to post a link)

Previous Topic:ClassNotFoundException
Next Topic:Reuse custom builders across projects?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:22:09 GMT 2024