Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » JFace ListViewer
JFace ListViewer [message #879423] Thu, 31 May 2012 07:46 Go to next message
zainab alhaidary is currently offline zainab alhaidaryFriend
Attached is a snapshot of my rcp project that uses swt and JFace components.index.php/fa/9979/0/

I'm in the testing phase, and everything during the recording of the test cases is being detected except when I click on the ListViewer component (the one marked in the photo ) it's as if I didn't click anything. how can I solve this problem?
Re: JFace ListViewer [message #879434 is a reply to message #879423] Thu, 31 May 2012 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

There's a known issue in the GUIdancer bugzilla with the observation mode and lists. Perhaps that's the reason. The "workaround" is to specify the test steps you need using the unbound modules. I put workaround in quotes, because the preferred way is generally to specify tests using the modules. Basically because the effort you'll need to write a good test is the same whether you write it with the modules, or whether you record it and then refactor it Smile There's a somewhat philosophical blog entry you can read on the topic here Smile

HTH,
Alex
Re: JFace ListViewer [message #879479 is a reply to message #879434] Thu, 31 May 2012 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Alexandra,

Thank you for your quick reply Smile
I'm trying to use the unbound module but it always gives me this message: Object mapping in AUT for this node is incomplete Sad
Is there any good tutorial that explains how to use unbound modules properly?

Thank You
Re: JFace ListViewer [message #879517 is a reply to message #879479] Thu, 31 May 2012 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Yes, you can do the "Cheat Sheets" that you can start from the help menu. The "First Steps" Cheat sheet takes you through project creation, test creation, object mapping and execution. It's for a small Swing application, but the concepts are the same everywhere.

HTH,
Alex
Re: JFace ListViewer [message #880096 is a reply to message #879517] Fri, 01 June 2012 12:12 Go to previous message
Thank You Smile
Previous Topic:Problems using keyboard layout on Swing->RCP
Next Topic:Modify/check properties from eclipse -> properties view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:36:33 GMT 2024