Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Continue getting "Can't find bundle for base name ..., locale en_US" problem
icon11.gif  Continue getting "Can't find bundle for base name ..., locale en_US" problem [message #879392] Thu, 31 May 2012 06:05 Go to next message
Yingzhong Xu is currently offline Yingzhong XuFriend
HI,all
I am trying to write a new generator, I have checked out codes from EDT cvs and tried to test my generator.But I always got problem:
SEVERE: org.eclipse.edt.ide.core.internal.generation.GenerationQueue@16515ed: GenerationQueue.generate(): Error during generation
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name org.eclipse.edt.gen.java.templates.eglx.persistence.sql.nativeTypes, locale en_US
at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1427)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1250)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:952)
at org.eclipse.edt.gen.EglContext.load(EglContext.java:364)
at org.eclipse.edt.gen.EglContext.<init>(EglContext.java:76)
at org.eclipse.edt.gen.java.Context.<init>(Context.java:57)
at org.eclipse.edt.gen.java.JavaGenerator.makeContext(JavaGenerator.java:62)
at org.eclipse.edt.gen.java.JavaGenerator.makeContext(JavaGenerator.java:1)
at org.eclipse.edt.gen.Generator.initialize(Generator.java:39)
at org.eclipse.edt.gen.AbstractGeneratorCommand.initialize(AbstractGeneratorCommand.java:141)
at org.eclipse.edt.gen.AbstractGeneratorCommand.generate(AbstractGeneratorCommand.java:81)
at org.eclipse.edt.ide.compiler.gen.JavaGenerator.generate(JavaGenerator.java:47)
at org.eclipse.edt.ide.core.internal.generation.GenerationQueue.invokeGenerators(GenerationQueue.java:276)
at org.eclipse.edt.ide.core.internal.generation.GenerationQueue.generate(GenerationQueue.java:203)
at org.eclipse.edt.ide.core.internal.generation.GenerationQueue.generate(GenerationQueue.java:156)
at org.eclipse.edt.ide.core.internal.generation.AbstractGenerator.build(AbstractGenerator.java:60)
at org.eclipse.edt.ide.core.internal.generation.GenerationBuilder.cleanBuild(GenerationBuilder.java:110)
at org.eclipse.edt.ide.core.internal.generation.GenerationBuilder.build(GenerationBuilder.java:60)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:728)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:199)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:239)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:292)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:295)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:351)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:374)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:143)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:241)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

org.eclipse.edt.gen.java.templates.eglx.persistence.sql.nativeTypes is located in
the project org.eclipse.edt.gen.java.templates.eglx.persistence.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?Thanks very much!
Re: Continue getting "Can't find bundle for base name ..., locale en_US" problem [message #879411 is a reply to message #879392] Thu, 31 May 2012 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zhi Zhu is currently offline Zhi ZhuFriend
Here are some articles for this problem:
"javahowto.blogspot.com/2006/05/debug-java-util-missingresourceexcepti.html"
"blogs.oracle.com/chengfang/entry/p_java_util_missingresourceexception_can"

For this specific problem, please make sure you can find the nativeTypes.properties under $EDTSourceCodePath\org.eclipse.edt.gen.java.templates.eglx.persistence\bin\org\eclipse\edt\gen\java\templates\eglx\persistence\sql
icon4.gif  Re: Continue getting "Can't find bundle for base name ..., locale en_US" problem [message #879466 is a reply to message #879411] Thu, 31 May 2012 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yingzhong Xu is currently offline Yingzhong XuFriend
Thanks, the previous problem was caused by that I forgot to modify the bundle-name in MANIFEST.MF after copied that project into a new one.

But the problem I encountered with before showed up again after carefully tuning the new project....

"Can't find bundle for base name org.eclipse.edt.gen.java.templates.eglx.gae.templates, locale en_US"

I am sure that templates.properties can be found under
$EDTSourceCodePath\org.eclipse.edt.gen.java.templates.eglx.gae\bin\org\eclipse\edt\gen\java\templates\eglx\gae

Even if I renamed it into templates_en_US.properties, It didn't work....

I have changed my development environment to Linux this time... Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the references.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Continue getting "Can't find bundle for base name ..., locale en_US" problem [message #882029 is a reply to message #879466] Tue, 05 June 2012 16:51 Go to previous message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Would you be able to attach your generator project? It's hard to tell what's going on without it. If you have any code you don't wish to share, you can remove the .java files and we'll see if it's enough to find the problem.

-Justin
Previous Topic:Displaying PDFs from IBM i
Next Topic:javascriptDev
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:07:19 GMT 2024