Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Spray: containment of different objects
Spray: containment of different objects [message #879091] Wed, 30 May 2012 13:54 Go to next message
Miriam Baran is currently offline Miriam BaranFriend
Hello,

I am working with Spray, which generates Graphiti, as this Forum seems to be closest to what I am searching, I hope to find answers here.

The Model I am working with is Ecore. In my diagram (once the spray-project launched) I can create classes and packages and connect them with each-other. Now I would like to add the possibility to let a class be contained in a package (which is possible in the ecore model), but all I could find was references, which will add the classes name to the package, but not its graphical representation. How do I add (graphically) one Object to an other? Is it even possible, or do I need to inject handwritten graphiti?

Here is how I tried to do, but it gave the result I described above:

class EPackage {
	container (width=1000) {
		text ( )  { name }	
		reference eClassifiers;
		reference eSubpackages;
	}

behavior {
        create into eSubpackages palette "Containers"
        askFor name 
    }
}
Re: Spray: containment of different objects [message #879446 is a reply to message #879091] Thu, 31 May 2012 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
I'm afraid, this is the wrong place to ask. If you dealt directly with
Graphiti, you would simply add the top-level shape of the child
representation (EClass) to the desired parent (it's containment area).

For Spray you should have a look at:
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/spray/

There's at least a wiki you could browse through, not sure if they offer a
forum as well.

Michael
Re: Spray: containment of different objects [message #879664 is a reply to message #879446] Thu, 31 May 2012 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny Qin is currently offline Johnny QinFriend
this sounds interesting.. maybe I am wrong, Graphiti is still under intense development and bug fix, why come up with a framework that depends on Graphiti and generates Graphiti?
Re: Spray: containment of different objects [message #880091 is a reply to message #879091] Fri, 01 June 2012 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joerg Reichert is currently offline Joerg ReichertFriend
Hi Miriam,

it is currently not possible yet to define graphical containment relationships so you have to create a gap class for the generated add feature class to insert that logic on your own.

Feel free to fill an issue
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/spray/issues/list

We also have a user forum:
http://groups.google.com/group/spray-users

@Johnny: I consider Graphiti as stable enough to be used as generation target platform and we had not experienced any bad issues with Graphiti while developing Spray the last 9 month.

Regards,
Joerg

--
Need professional support for Xtext and EMF?
Go to: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: Spray: containment of different objects [message #880281 is a reply to message #880091] Fri, 01 June 2012 18:55 Go to previous message
Miriam Baran is currently offline Miriam BaranFriend
Thank you, for your replies. I generated what I could with Spray and will now complete it with handwritten graphiti. Also thank you for your links Joerg, I didn't realise the "Mailing Group" link on the homepage was for the Spray forum.
Previous Topic:get access to Diagram from DiagramEditor
Next Topic:[DND] Drop business object from external TableViewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:13:21 GMT 2024