Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Some Questions
Some Questions [message #878906] Wed, 30 May 2012 07:09 Go to next message
Dnns . is currently offline Dnns .Friend
Hi,

I've got some questions regarding BIRT and the BIRT Web Viewer.

1. Is there any possibility to delete some of the "Export Formats" in the Dialog "Erport Report" of the Web Viewer? For example I don't want the choice of Open Document Formats.

2. If I want to Export a Report to the PDF-Format, the output file doesn't contain the chart I see in the Web Viewer. Before I used the batik-JARs, but they caused problems with some logging-classes, which should be loaded twice. Then I tried to use the birt-PDF-jars. I copied the following JAR-Files to the lib folder (because on the Server there is no plugins-folder, and the batik-JARs were in this folder, too)

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf.config_2.5.1.v20090917.jar
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf_2.5.1.v20090821.jar
org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.pdf_2.5.2.v20091022.jar

3. Is there any possibility to customize the look of the Web Viewer?

4. In some other Tools, which show charts, you can select an area inside the chart with your mouse and then the selected area will be shown in more detail (Some kind of zooming into the chart). Has BIRT perhaps any options to do this, too?

5. Is it possible only to generate a report (in PDF-Format for example) automatically, without showing it in the browser?

Regards Dnns

[Updated on: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Some Questions [message #879077 is a reply to message #878906] Wed, 30 May 2012 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

1. Is there any possibility to delete some of the "Export Formats" in the Dialog "Erport Report" of the Web Viewer? For example I don't want the choice of Open Document Formats.

2. If I want to Export a Report to the PDF-Format, the output file doesn't contain the chart I see in the Web Viewer. Before I used the batik-JARs, but they caused problems with some logging-classes, which should be loaded twice. Then I tried to use the birt-PDF-jars. I copied the following JAR-Files to the lib folder (because on the Server there is no plugins-folder, and the batik-JARs were in this folder, too)

4. In some other Tools, which show charts, you can select an area inside the chart with your mouse and then the selected area will be shown in more detail (Some kind of zooming into the chart). Has BIRT perhaps any options to do this, too?

5. Is it possible only to generate a report (in PDF-Format for example) automatically, without showing it in the browser?

Regards Dnns

I'm Sorry but it seems, that there is an error. My first Message isn't shown.
Re: Some Questions [message #879079 is a reply to message #878906] Wed, 30 May 2012 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Regards Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #879081 is a reply to message #878906] Wed, 30 May 2012 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Regards Dnns

Sorry, but my first message isn't shown
Re: Some Questions [message #879286 is a reply to message #879081] Wed, 30 May 2012 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

1 - You can do this by removing the emitter from the plugin.xml in the
runtime jar. eg remove

<extension name="OpenDocument Spreadsheet Emitters"
point="org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitters">

<emitter
class="org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ods.OdsEmitter"
format="ods" icon="resource/ODS.gif"
id="org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.ods"
mimeType="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet"
pagination="no-pagination"/>
</extension>

from the runtime jar if you are using the pojo viewer.

Or remove the odp/ods/odt plugins from the plugins folder if you are
using the OSGI runtime.

Or modify the jsp/javascript files in the web content folder to exclude
them.

2 - I am a bit confused here. What server are you using?

3 - Modify the jsp/javascript/css files in the webcontent folder of the
WebViewer.

4 - If your browsers has an SVG viewer you can output your charts as SVG
and use its zoom capabilites. You can also use report parameters to set
the scale of the chart and then using chart interactivity re-run the
report with different parameters.

5 - Sure, you can use the engine api or the genreport shell/bat script
to do this.

Jason

On 5/30/2012 9:35 AM, Dnns . wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got some questions regarding BIRT and the BIRT Web Viewer.
>
> 1. Is there any possibility to delete some of the "Export Formats" in
> the Dialog "Erport Report" of the Web Viewer? For example I don't want
> the choice of Open Document Formats.
>
> 2. If I want to Export a Report to the PDF-Format, the output file
> doesn't contain the chart I see in the Web Viewer. Before I used the
> batik-JARs, but they caused problems with some logging-classes, which
> should be loaded twice. Then I tried to use the birt-PDF-jars. I copied
> the following JAR-Files to the lib folder (because on the Server there
> is no plugins-folder, and the batik-JARs were in this folder, too)
>
>
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf.config_2.5.1.v20090917.jar
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf_2.5.1.v20090821.jar
> org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.pdf_2.5.2.v20091022.jar
>
>
> 3. Is there any possibility to customize the look of the Web Viewer?
>
> 4. In some other Tools, which show charts, you can select an area inside
> the chart with your mouse and then the selected area will be shown in
> more detail (Some kind of zooming into the chart). Has BIRT perhaps any
> options to do this, too?
>
> 5. Is it possible only to generate a report (in PDF-Format for example)
> automatically, without showing it in the browser?
>
> Regards Dnns
>
> Sorry, but my first message isn't shown
Re: Some Questions [message #879528 is a reply to message #879286] Thu, 31 May 2012 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you please explain, what you mean with "You can also use report parameters to set
the scale of the chart and then using chart interactivity re-run the
report with different parameters" at Question 4?

Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #879786 is a reply to message #879528] Thu, 31 May 2012 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Take a look at this example.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1514-chart-zoom-with-interactivty/

Jason

On 5/31/2012 7:20 AM, Dnns . wrote:
> Could you please explain, what you mean with "You can also use report
> parameters to set
> the scale of the chart and then using chart interactivity re-run the
> report with different parameters" at Question 4?
>
> Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #880123 is a reply to message #879786] Fri, 01 June 2012 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I tried zu do what you mentioned. But it doesn't work like it should.

I tried the "Mouse Click" Event in the Preview, and it worked. then I tried the "Mouse Down" event, and it doesn't work. After this I tried the report in the BIRT Webviewer. Here no event works. Neither thie Mouse Down event nor the Mouse Click event (which works very fine in the Preview). Do you have an idea, why? Is ther perhaps a setting, which deactivates the Mouse events?

I just tried the WebViewer in eclipse. Here the Mouse Click Event works. I also recognized that the event in BIRT Web Viewer (not in eclipse, on the server) should be active, but it seems that the Viewer on server doesn't call the function "ShowEventData();" which is used in your link, or if this function is called, the alert function is not called.

Dnns

[Updated on: Fri, 01 June 2012 13:31]

Re: Some Questions [message #880280 is a reply to message #880123] Fri, 01 June 2012 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did you try the example i posted? What browser are you using?

Jason

On 6/1/2012 9:21 AM, Dnns . wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried zu do what you mentioned. But it doesn't work like it should.
> I tried the "Mouse Click" Event in the Preview, and it worked. then I
> tried the "Mouse Down" event, and it doesn't work. After this I tried
> the report in the BIRT Webviewer. Here no event works. Neither thie
> Mouse Down event nor the Mouse Click event (which works very fine in the
> Preview). Do you have an idea, why? Is ther perhaps a setting, which
> deactivates the Mouse events?
> Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #884606 is a reply to message #880280] Mon, 11 June 2012 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, yes I tried the example you posted. I use Firefox and Internet Explorer.
The very curious thing i found out is, that it works fine (excluding the Mouse Click) in Internet Explorer, in Firefox nothing works. Then I had a look at the Web-Console of Firefox, and saw, that there is the following JavaScript Error:
userCallBack1318885099 is not defined
Re: Some Questions [message #884679 is a reply to message #884606] Mon, 11 June 2012 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Are you using BIRT 3.7.2? I get the same error you do with earlier
versions of BIRT. In 3.7.2 FF works on my system.

Jason

On 6/11/2012 9:15 AM, Dnns . wrote:
> Hi, yes I tried the example you posted. I use Firefox and Internet
> Explorer. The very curious thing i found out is, that it works fine
> (excluding the Mouse Click) in Internet Explorer, in Firefox nothing
> works. Then I had a look at the Web-Console of Firefox, and saw, that
> there is the following JavaScript Error: userCallBack1318885099 is not
> defined
Re: Some Questions [message #884944 is a reply to message #884679] Tue, 12 June 2012 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I checked the version, and found out, that in my eclipse, there was BIRT 2.5.x installed. I was a little bit confused, due to the fact that i used the update function in eclipse. So i thought I have the latest version. Now, if i click on the label in your example there appears a message box with the value of the label, i clicked on. I will try to use this for my purpose. Thank you for your help. If I have any further questions, I will write here.

Dnns

Edit: Ok, I tried it. The MouseClick Event works now on Firefox, too. But my Problem is the MouseDown Event. I would think, that MouseDown means that i press the Button, isn't it? Or what do I have to do to emit the MouseDown Event? In my planing I need a posibility to notice when the Mousebutton is pressed.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2012 09:51]

Re: Some Questions [message #886231 is a reply to message #884944] Thu, 14 June 2012 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I checked the version, and found out, that in my eclipse, there was BIRT 2.5.x installed. I was a little bit confused, due to the fact that i used the update function in eclipse. So i thought I have the latest version. Now, if i click on the label in your example there appears a message box with the value of the label, i clicked on. I will try to use this for my purpose. Thank you for your help. If I have any further questions, I will write here.

Dnns

Edit: Ok, I tried it. The MouseClick Event works now on Firefox, too. But my Problem is the MouseDown Event. I would think, that MouseDown means that i press the Button, isn't it? Or what do I have to do to emit the MouseDown Event? In my planing I need a posibility to notice when the Mousebutton is pressed.

Ooh sorry

[Updated on: Thu, 14 June 2012 13:43]

Re: Some Questions [message #886342 is a reply to message #886231] Thu, 14 June 2012 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Great question. The mouse down event only works for SVG charts. Check
you window->preferences->Report Design->Preview options and you will see
a check box for enabling svg charts. On IE this will require an SVG
plugin. I believe FF already has one.

Jason

On 6/14/2012 9:43 AM, Dnns . wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I checked the version, and found out, that in my eclipse, there was BIRT
> 2.5.x installed. I was a little bit confused, due to the fact that i
> used the update function in eclipse. So i thought I have the latest
> version. Now, if i click on the label in your example there appears a
> message box with the value of the label, i clicked on. I will try to use
> this for my purpose. Thank you for your help. If I have any further
> questions, I will write here.
>
> Dnns
>
> Edit: Ok, I tried it. The MouseClick Event works now on Firefox, too.
> But my Problem is the MouseDown Event. I would think, that MouseDown
> means that i press the Button, isn't it? Or what do I have to do to emit
> the MouseDown Event? In my planing I need a posibility to notice when
> the Mousebutton is pressed.
Re: Some Questions [message #886345 is a reply to message #886342] Thu, 14 June 2012 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh. Good, that I asked. Otherwise I would spend a lot of time, and didn't know that. Do you know, where I could have found these information in the documentation or so?

I will try it, when I am at work, tomorrow.

Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #886363 is a reply to message #886345] Thu, 14 June 2012 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I believe the event types are described in the chart faq or in the help
guide, but you may want to look these over:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2009/12/calling-client-side-javascript-from.html
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/more-on-chart-interactivity.html

Jason

On 6/14/2012 3:05 PM, Dnns . wrote:
> Oh. Good, that I asked. Otherwise I would spend a lot of time, and
> didn't know that. Do you know, where I could have found these
> information in the documentation or so?
>
> I will try it, when I am at work, tomorrow.
>
> Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #886664 is a reply to message #886363] Fri, 15 June 2012 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems to be a never ending story. I did the settings you told me. In Eclipse now it works fine. But if I add the "&svg=true" to the URL on the server, I get the following message.

The following items have errors:

Chart Chart:
- org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler incompatible with org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler (Element ID:46)

org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler incompatible with org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler ( 1 time(s) )
detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler incompatible with org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler (Element ID:46)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1237)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.processExtendedContent(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:1045)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.localizeForeign(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:578)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.localize(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:163)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:37)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRangeRender.render(RenderTask.java:661)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderReport(ReportEngineService.java:1547)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getPage(BirtViewerReportService.java:204)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.doRenderPage(BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.__execute(AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleChangeParameter(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:100)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
	at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
	at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
	at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
	at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
	at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
	at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.sso.ClusteredSingleSignOn.invoke(ClusteredSingleSignOn.java:676)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
	at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
	at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:697)
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:889)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:799)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.chart.exception.ChartException: org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler incompatible with org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler
	at org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.svg.SVGRendererImpl.after(SVGRendererImpl.java:256)
	at org.eclipse.birt.chart.factory.Generator.render(Generator.java:1387)
	at org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationBase.renderToImageFile(ChartReportItemPresentationBase.java:1053)
	at org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationBase.generateRenderObject(ChartReportItemPresentationBase.java:904)
	at org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationBase.onRowSets(ChartReportItemPresentationBase.java:862)
	at org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationProxy.onRowSets(ChartReportItemPresentationProxy.java:108)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.processExtendedContent(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:1022)
	... 62 more
Caused by: org.apache.xml.serializer.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler incompatible with org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler
	at org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializerFactory.getSerializer(SerializerFactory.java:177)
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.createResultContentHandler(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:259)
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:329)
	at org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.svg.SVGRendererImpl.writeDocumentToOutputStream(SVGRendererImpl.java:318)
	at org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.svg.SVGRendererImpl.after(SVGRendererImpl.java:251)
	... 68 more

currently i've not found any solution for it, but I will search for any.

Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #886838 is a reply to message #886664] Fri, 15 June 2012 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did you get this error when deployed? If so how do you have it
deployed? What appserver etc?

Jason

On 6/15/2012 7:39 AM, Dnns . wrote:
> It seems to be a never ending story. I did the settings you told me. In
> Eclipse now it works fine. But if I add the "&svg=true" to the URL on
> the server, I get the following message.
>
> The following items have errors:
>
> Chart Chart:
> - org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler incompatible with
> org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler (Element ID:46)
>
> org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler incompatible with
> org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler ( 1 time(s) )
> detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException:
> org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler (Element ID:46)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1237)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.processExtendedContent(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:1045)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.localizeForeign(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:578)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.localize(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:163)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:37)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRangeRender.render(RenderTask.java:661)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:294)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderReport(ReportEngineService.java:1547)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getPage(BirtViewerReportService.java:204)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.doRenderPage(BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.java:82)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.__execute(AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.java:103)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleChangeParameter(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:100)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
> at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
>
> at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
>
> at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
> at
> org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
>
> at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
> at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
> at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
> at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
> at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
>
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
> at
> org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
>
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
>
> at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
>
> at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>
> at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.sso.ClusteredSingleSignOn.invoke(ClusteredSingleSignOn.java:676)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
> at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
> at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
> at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)
> at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:697)
>
> at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:889)
>
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:799)
> Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.chart.exception.ChartException:
> org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.svg.SVGRendererImpl.after(SVGRendererImpl.java:256)
>
> at org.eclipse.birt.chart.factory.Generator.render(Generator.java:1387)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationBase.renderToImageFile(ChartReportItemPresentationBase.java:1053)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationBase.generateRenderObject(ChartReportItemPresentationBase.java:904)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationBase.onRowSets(ChartReportItemPresentationBase.java:862)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationProxy.onRowSets(ChartReportItemPresentationProxy.java:108)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.processExtendedContent(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:1022)
>
> ... 62 more
> Caused by: org.apache.xml.serializer.utils.WrappedRuntimeException:
> org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler
> at
> org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializerFactory.getSerializer(SerializerFactory.java:177)
>
> at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.createResultContentHandler(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:259)
>
> at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:329)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.svg.SVGRendererImpl.writeDocumentToOutputStream(SVGRendererImpl.java:318)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.svg.SVGRendererImpl.after(SVGRendererImpl.java:251)
>
> ... 68 more
>
>
> currently i've not found any solution for it, but I will search for any.
>
> Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #888454 is a reply to message #886838] Mon, 18 June 2012 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

like all the other reports, i just uploded the .rptdesign file to the server. It's a jboss-Server

Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #888775 is a reply to message #888454] Mon, 18 June 2012 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did you follow this approach for setting up the viewer?
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BirtPOJO_Viewer_JBOSS_Deployment

Jason

On 6/18/2012 2:28 AM, Dnns . wrote:
> Hey,
>
> like all the other reports, i just uploded the .rptdesign file to the
> server. It's a jboss-Server
>
> Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #889659 is a reply to message #888775] Tue, 19 June 2012 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I found the reason for this Exception, and the "bug" is fixed.

Reason for this was, that one of the jboss libraries includes a class "org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler", and a interface "org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler", too. So i created a web-app.xml file in the META-INF folder, to scope the classloader in jboss. Now it works.

Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #889841 is a reply to message #889659] Tue, 19 June 2012 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What jar and what version of JBoss. This will help future users of this
thread.

Jason

On 6/19/2012 8:59 AM, Dnns . wrote:
> Hi, I found the reason for this Exception, and the "bug" is fixed.
> Reason for this was, that one of the jboss libraries includes a class
> "org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLSAXHandler", and a interface
> "org.apache.xml.serializer.SerializationHandler", too. So i created a
> web-app.xml file in the META-INF folder, to scope the classloader in
> jboss. Now it works.
>
> Dnns
Re: Some Questions [message #890048 is a reply to message #889841] Wed, 20 June 2012 19:42 Go to previous message
I just wanted to write this here, but I didn't know the jar file. Tomorrow I will check it.

Edit: So the JBoss Version is 4.0, and the classes are located in the serializer.jar (lib/endorsed)

[Updated on: Thu, 21 June 2012 11:46]

Previous Topic:Being Prompted for Parameters Again After Choosing to Print
Next Topic:How to write an expression which uses items from multiple data sets?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:48:21 GMT 2024