Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help?
Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #878138] Mon, 28 May 2012 16:48 Go to next message
Kyle Figueroa is currently offline Kyle FigueroaFriend
I'm taking the Prgoramming Methadology CS106A online course and we have to download a special stanford version of eclipse. I downloaded it and unzipped the folder to "C:\Program Files\Eclipse\eclipse" and everything goes good but when i try to launch the program it flashes the eclipse 3.2 startup then goes away and gives me the error "An error has occured. See the log file." and this is what the log file says. Can somebody tell me what im doing wrong?

!SESSION 2012-05-28 12:45:32.828 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20060921-0945
java.version=1.7.0_04
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY system.bundle 4 0 2012-05-28 12:45:34.156
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent.ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start() of bundle system.bundle.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1010)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:966)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:549)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:484)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:275)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.launch(StartLevelManager.java:245)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle.resume(SystemBundle.java:155)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:503)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.launch(OSGi.java:51)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:289)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:173)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.checkSystemState(BaseStorage.java:654)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.getStateManager(BaseStorage.java:634)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.getPlatformAdmin(BaseAdaptor.java:385)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAdaptorHook.frameworkStart(EclipseAdaptorHook.java:80)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.frameworkStart(BaseAdaptor.java:260)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start(SystemBundleActivator.java:55)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:991)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:985)
... 18 more
Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.checkSystemState(BaseStorage.java:654)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.getStateManager(BaseStorage.java:634)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.getPlatformAdmin(BaseAdaptor.java:385)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAdaptorHook.frameworkStart(EclipseAdaptorHook.java:80)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.frameworkStart(BaseAdaptor.java:260)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start(SystemBundleActivator.java:55)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:991)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:985)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:966)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:549)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:484)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:275)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.launch(StartLevelManager.java:245)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle.resume(SystemBundle.java:155)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:503)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:289)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-05-28 12:45:34.187
!MESSAGE Startup error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start() of bundle system.bundle.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)
!SESSION Mon May 28 12:45:34 EDT 2012 ------------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 2012-05-28 12:45:34.218
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:186)
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #878166 is a reply to message #878138] Mon, 28 May 2012 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Hickey is currently offline Daniel HickeyFriend
I'm having the exact same issue if you find a solution, please let me know. I've tried running it with the normal up to date version of eclipse and importing the class libraries but it hasn't worked too well for me. I'll let you know if I get it working.
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #878170 is a reply to message #878166] Mon, 28 May 2012 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is really annoying and I'll let you know and please let me know if you find out anything. Thanks.
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #878241 is a reply to message #878166] Mon, 28 May 2012 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I fixed it! All you have to do is download the newest version of eclipse classic and then extract the Stanford version and the new version and take all of the stuff from the Stanford version and put them in the right places in the new eclipse folders and launch e new eclipse and it will be all Stanford! Hope I helped if you have any questions please ask
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #878350 is a reply to message #878138] Tue, 29 May 2012 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gunnar Wagenknecht is currently offline Gunnar WagenknechtFriend

Hi,

Can you try a folder outside "C:\Program Files"? There has been issues
in the past with different versions of Windows. Some are related to new
security features in Windows. The latest Eclipse version should run fine
but older versions (such as Eclipse 3.2) will fail.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxx
http://wagenknecht.org/
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #878701 is a reply to message #878138] Tue, 29 May 2012 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

Also, please do not use this newsgroup for programming, usage problems.
This newsgroup is solely for announcements, discussions, of the Eclipse
Foundation entity. It is not a newsgroup for technical discussions.

Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #895791 is a reply to message #878241] Mon, 16 July 2012 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Gadea is currently offline David GadeaFriend
Which stanford files did you move? I'm trying to use Eclipse 4.2.

Thank you in advance.

Quote:
I fixed it! All you have to do is download the newest version of eclipse classic and then extract the Stanford version and the new version and take all of the stuff from the Stanford version and put them in the right places in the new eclipse folders and launch e new eclipse and it will be all Stanford! Hope I helped if you have any questions please ask
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #972230 is a reply to message #895791] Mon, 05 November 2012 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deepali k is currently offline deepali kFriend
Hi,
I was also facing the same error..
According to comments mentioned here, I took latest plugins and features for eclipse..
And it did work Smile
Thanks..
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #990212 is a reply to message #878138] Tue, 11 December 2012 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Taylor is currently offline Pauline TaylorFriend
Using the script error unable to access jar file startup. You have to follow this stanford karel setup guide use it.
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #992632 is a reply to message #878241] Sat, 22 December 2012 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EDEN CHEN is currently offline EDEN CHENFriend
are you running mac or windows? I'm running a Mac and had the same error, which contents did you replace?
icon3.gif  Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #1008543 is a reply to message #878138] Tue, 12 February 2013 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bilal Korir is currently offline Bilal KorirFriend
Hi, this is my solution :

I had the same problem, I think the problem is that Stanford university offers an old version of eclipse that doesn't work with new version of jdk/jre, some people suggested re-installing jdk/jre but that didn't work in my case.

Solution 1 (using Stanford's eclipse):
- Uninstall the jdk/jre -if you already have it-.
- Download eclipse afforded by Stanford website.
- Download JAVA 1.6 jre afforded by Stanford website, and install it.
- Run eclipse.

Solution 2 (using new/different version of eclipse):
-At this step you have two version of Eclipse,
> extract/decompose the downloaded file -Stanford's eclipse- and find a file named "plugins", juts copy everything from it.
> go to the file where you have the new/different version of eclipse that you are using and find a file called "plugins", paste what you copied from other file to it
- Run eclipse -your version of eclipse-.

note: I did this on Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers (Juno) and Eclipse classic 4.2.1 (Juno), both worked.

Learn and Share!
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #1008548 is a reply to message #992632] Tue, 12 February 2013 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bilal Korir is currently offline Bilal KorirFriend
Hi, this is my solution:

I had the same problem, I think the problem is that Stanford university offers an old version of eclipse that doesn't work with new version of jdk/jre, some people suggested
re-install jdk/jre but that didn't work in my case.

Solution 1 (using Stanford's eclipse):
- Run eclipse.

Solution 2 (using new/different version of eclipse):
- Download eclipse afforded by Stanford afforded by Stanford website.
-at this at this step you have two version of Eclipse,
> extract/decompose the downloaded file -Stanford's eclipse- you will find a file named "plugins", juts copy everything from it
> go to the file where you have the new/different version of eclipse that you are using and find a file called "plugins", paste what you copied to it.
- Run eclipse -your version of eclipse-.

Note: applied on Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers and Eclipse Classic 4.2.1.

Learn and Share.

Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #1028298 is a reply to message #1008548] Thu, 28 March 2013 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phan long is currently offline phan longFriend
I was also facing the same error..
According to comments mentioned here, I took latest plugins and features for eclipse..
Re: Stanford Eclipse Log Error! Please help? [message #1044087 is a reply to message #878138] Thu, 18 April 2013 13:26 Go to previous message
a m is currently offline a mFriend
You must place the right path of jdk on your Pc in the Eclipse ini file.
Put at the top of eclipse.ini file the following rows after correcting the jdk path:

-vm
C:/Progra~1/Java/jdk1.6.0_39/bin/javaw
Previous Topic:Unknown Eclipse Icon in Project Explorer View
Next Topic:[META] Searching the forum for my own posts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:03:45 GMT 2024