Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse opens multiple remote debug sessions - xdebug(Eclipse opens multiple remote debug sessions - xdebug, clicking with the mouse whell)
Eclipse opens multiple remote debug sessions - xdebug [message #878001] Mon, 28 May 2012 09:31 Go to next message
Spacesoul blop is currently offline Spacesoul blopFriend
Hello, Im having an issue while debugging with Eclipse. Tested with xdebug but it probably happens with all types of debuggers.

Each time I forgot not to click in the address bar of the Internal Web Browser, If I go up with the mouse whell, it will automatically open a new debug session instance.

Its a real pain to debug with this issue since its constanly opening a new instance not only with the mouse whell, but with more options, and the worst of it is that I have to clean and end all of them and begin from the beggining with a new one because it goes crazy and I cannot get back to debug the original one.

Is it there a preference setting or php.ini parameter where I could limit to only one remote debug session?

Added php.ini xdebug parameters:
[dba]
phpedit xzend debugger extension
zend_extension = c:\php5\ext\php_xdebug-2.2.0RC1-5.4-vc9.dll
xdebug.remote_port = 9000
xdebug.remote_enable = 1
xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger = "on"
xdebug.profiler_enable = 1
xdebug.remote_host="127.0.0.1"
xdebug.profiler_output_name = "cachegrind.out%t"

Thanks in advance, attached a picture with the problem.

postimage.org/image/ombgnj6w3

[Updated on: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse opens multiple remote debug sessions - xdebug [message #878054 is a reply to message #878001] Mon, 28 May 2012 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
You did enable "Accept remote session (JIT)", didn't you?
The behaviour is a result of that setting.
While you are debugging code, you're in unfinished session(the sequence of debugger communications), new url you made accidentally causes another debug session(debug target) and it will be accepted.
There is no option.(unless you'll disable "Accept remote session")(at least for now)

>Each time I forgot not to click in the address bar of the Internal Web Browser, If I go up with the mouse whell,
I guess this kind of wrong action on the browser will break the debug session anyway.

memo:
org.eclipse.php.internal.debug.core.xdebug.communication.XDebugCommunicationDaemon.startConnectionThread(Socket)
org.eclipse.php.internal.debug.core.xdebug.dbgp.model.DBGpTarget.SessionCreated(DBGpSession)
Re: Eclipse opens multiple remote debug sessions - xdebug [message #878119 is a reply to message #878054] Mon, 28 May 2012 15:35 Go to previous message
Spacesoul blop is currently offline Spacesoul blopFriend
Hello Toshihiro Izumi, thanks for your answer. I was getting crazy trying to solve it and with that change seems to work.
In Preferences->PHP->Debug->Installed Debugger->Xdebug, Click Configure->Changed Accept remote session JIT from any to off.
I can debug to my localhost apache server without any problem with that setting changed.

Even with the setting changed, there seems to be still some issues with the whell while going up or down many times, the browser tries to go back to an URL and sometimes the session is lost as you have explained, but it works better now and doesnt open a new debug session Smile

It would be wonderfull if we could disable the mouse whell for the Eclipse Browser URL.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 May 2012 15:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Can't write php code in html file
Next Topic:How to install fragmented project in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:29:18 GMT 2024