Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » MARTE Palette
MARTE Palette [message #877029] Fri, 25 May 2012 18:43 Go to next message
Andrea Sindico is currently offline Andrea SindicoFriend

I can't manage to add the MARTE palette in the Papyrus editor. What is the right way to do that?
Re: MARTE Palette [message #877034 is a reply to message #877029] Fri, 25 May 2012 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The MARTE palette appears in Class Diagram but not in SysML Block Diagrams, Is there any valid reason for that?
Re: MARTE Palette [message #878364 is a reply to message #877034] Tue, 29 May 2012 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Andrea,

The Palettes are usually designed to work for a single kind of Diagram.

As there is no reason for Marte to know about SysML Diagrams (And vice-versa), it doesn't appear on this kind of diagram. As far as I know, SysML Diagrams are meant to be SysML-only, which is not the case for Class Diagrams.

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: MARTE Palette [message #952292 is a reply to message #878364] Sun, 21 October 2012 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laya eng is currently offline Laya engFriend
thank you Camille for clarifications
Re: MARTE Palette [message #958933 is a reply to message #952292] Fri, 26 October 2012 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Camille,
thank you for your kind answer.
As far as i know SysML Blocks are stereotypes of the UML::Class meta-class. Thus I guess it should be possible to apply other Class' stereotypes to SysML blocks (for instance to express they represent hw devices or sw components, ec.). Also the editor allows you to do that by means of the Profile tab but not through a dedicate palette. I personally apply MARTE stereotypes such as ClientServePort, ClientServerSpecification and ClientServerFeature to SysML standard ports/interfaces/signals in order to better model asyncrhonous communication among system parts as explained in http://www.springerlink.com/content/084k40w70q084248/.

Regards

Follow me on Twitter @andreasindico

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2012 10:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MARTE Palette [message #959003 is a reply to message #958933] Fri, 26 October 2012 11:29 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

If you want to mix SysML and Marte, you should probably not use "SysML Block Definition Diagrams", but generic "UML Class Diagrams" with SysML and Marte profiles applied.

The thing with UML is that you can do anything with it. Without a methodology, it doesn't really make sense. The Papyrus Block Definition Diagrams have been designed for a specific case of SysML-Only diagrams, while the Marte palettes have been designed to work for UML Class Diagrams.

It would be possible to create (or to duplicate and patch) a new Marte Palette for SysML BDD or IBD.

What I mean here is that, technically it's possible to mix Marte and SysML stereotypes, but the Papyrus SysML Diagrams are not meant to be generic. They really are specific. UML diagrams are generic ; SysML ones are not.

Moreover, there is not relation between the SysML Diagrams and the UML Diagrams, although they look the same. A Block Definition Diagram is not a UML Class Diagram. And the Marte palette has been implemented only for UML Class Diagrams.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:MARTE version and update site
Next Topic:How to define a stereotype which subsets a meta-class association / redefine an attribute
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:25:47 GMT 2024