Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » eclipselink 2.4 mongodb with criteria api(Is this a bug in FromImpl or something I'm doing wrong in my code)
eclipselink 2.4 mongodb with criteria api [message #876616] Fri, 25 May 2012 00:34 Go to next message
Bob Treacy is currently offline Bob TreacyFriend
I am using a nightly build (5-24-2012) of eclipselink-plugins-2 and eclipselink-plugins-nosql-2 to connect to mongodb using JPA Criteria API
I'm getting a ClassCastException when I try to query membership in an element collection

org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metamodel.SingularAttributeImpl cannot be cast to javax.persistence.metamodel.PluralAttribute
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metamodel.SingularAttributeImpl cannot be cast to javax.persistence.metamodel.PluralAttribute
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.querydef.FromImpl.get(FromImpl.java:315)
at edu.harvard.iq.text.preprocess.MongoPairwiseAgreement.get(MongoPairwiseAgreement.java:42)
at edu.harvard.iq.text.preprocess.MongoPairwiseAgreementTest.testGet(MongoPairwiseAgreementTest.java:57)

@Override
public Boolean get(String setId,DocPair docPair, Integer methodId) {
CriteriaBuilder qb = em.getCriteriaBuilder();
CriteriaQuery<PairwiseMethods> c = qb.createQuery(PairwiseMethods.class);
Root<PairwiseMethods> p = c.from(PairwiseMethods.class);
// the following line is line 42 of MongoPairWiseAgreement that creates the issue:
c.select(p).where(qb.isMember(methodId, p.<List<Integer>>get("methodIds")));
TypedQuery<PairwiseMethods> query = em.createQuery(c);

this is line 315 of org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.querydef.FromImpl.java:
if (!((PluralAttribute) attribute).getElementType().getPersistenceType().equals(PersistenceType.BASIC)) {

// Here are the essentials of my PairwiseMethods class:
@Entity
@NoSql(dataFormat=DataFormatType.MAPPED)
public class PairwiseMethods implements Serializable {
@Id
@GeneratedValue
@Field(name = "_id")
protected String id;
protected String setId;
protected DocPair docPair;
@ElementCollection
protected List<Integer> methodIds;

This is what the data looks like in mongodb:
> db.PAIRWISEMETHODS.find()
{ "_id" : "4FBEA15C1A886598E77A44FE", "METHODIDS" : [ 1, 2 ], "SETID" : "testSet", "DOCPAIR" : [ { "DOC1ID" : "doc1", "DOC2ID" : "doc2" } ] }

[Updated on: Fri, 25 May 2012 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: eclipselink 2.4 mongodb with criteria api [message #878519 is a reply to message #876616] Tue, 29 May 2012 13:26 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

In the JPA Criteria API (and JPQL) you need to use join() not get() to query across an ElementCollection mapping.

You should get a better error message though, so please log a bug for that.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:Toplink to EclipseLink Migration
Next Topic:JPA Error when new entity is added without DropAndCreate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:47:02 GMT 2024