Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Customize property view
Customize property view [message #876439] Thu, 24 May 2012 15:47 Go to next message
Almamy Ndiaye is currently offline Almamy NdiayeFriend
Hi everybody, I'm working with GMF to create a graphic editor. My problem is that I have two classes, A and B linked by an association. When I launch the application, I want to see the properties of the linked class in the property view. Does anybody know how to do this ? PS : Thanks and excuse my bad english, actually I'm french Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 24 May 2012 15:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Customize property view [message #876779 is a reply to message #876439] Fri, 25 May 2012 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

the content of the properties view is determined by the from EMF generated xxx.edit plugins. Modifying there should help you. I think the guys in the EMF newsgroup can be more specific about this.

Ralph
Re: Customize property view [message #876876 is a reply to message #876779] Fri, 25 May 2012 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all, you're right there is a lot of things we can specify in this file. But I don't know if it can solve my problem. Actually it's just that I can't show complex type in a property view of a component.
Re: Customize property view [message #889928 is a reply to message #876876] Wed, 20 June 2012 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Salut tout le monde,

J'ai un problème dans la personnalisation de mes propriétés. J'utilise le framework EEF, mais j'ai pas l'impression que ce soit bien compatible avec le diagramme généré par GMF.

Auriez vous des pistes ?

Merci
Re: Customize property view [message #889983 is a reply to message #889928] Wed, 20 June 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goulwen Le Fur is currently offline Goulwen Le FurFriend
Hi Almamy,

This is a english-speaking forum so I'll answer in english. Can you be more explicit about the trouble your encounter with your properties ?

Regards

--
Goulwen Le Fur - goulwen.lefur@obeo.fr
Re: Customize property view [message #889995 is a reply to message #889983] Wed, 20 June 2012 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
sorry actually my english is so bad :S. I'm trying to use EEF to customize a GMF project and it doesn't work.
I've already seen in the forum that with version 2 of GMF we just have to check "GMF specific properties view" in the Gen Edition Context. I guess that it is not enough because when I launch the generated .diagram project I still have the old property view.
Thank you.

Je ne sais pas si c'est assez clair en anglais :S.
Je veux pouvoir personnaliser ma vue propriétés de mon éditeur graphique. En fait pour être plus général, ma question est de savoir si on peut avoir la vue propriété du framework EEF à la place de celle proposée par défaut par GMF ? Si oui est ce que vous auriez des pistes sur la démarche à suivre pour arriver à ce résultat ?
Merci d'avance
Re: Customize property view [message #890009 is a reply to message #889995] Wed, 20 June 2012 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goulwen Le Fur is currently offline Goulwen Le FurFriend
The "GMF specific properties view" option is obsolete. The EEF framework can work with GMF. The point is to define the good contributorId for your properties sheet.

You can find this information in the EEFGen and the GMFGen model (I think). The contributorId must be the same for your GMF modeler and for the EEF properties sheet.

Let me know if you can set the same ID in youd models.

Regards
Re: Customize property view [message #890014 is a reply to message #890009] Wed, 20 June 2012 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merci pour la réponse, au moins je sais que je ne suis pas sur la mauvaise piste.
J'ai effectivement le même "Descriptor Contributor ID" danse le "EEFGen" et dans le plugin.xml du projet .diagram généré par le "GMFGen" (sans erreurs) c'est ce qui est surprenant d'ailleurs.
Est ce que j'ai besoin de remplacer une partie du contenu de ce plugin.xml ?
Re: Customize property view [message #890042 is a reply to message #890014] Wed, 20 June 2012 18:49 Go to previous message
Ondra Netocny is currently offline Ondra NetocnyFriend
Hello!
Goulwen, I would like to ask you about shared editing domain. I have gone through a various tutorial, but it always brought a lot of problems. For example, one diagram have stucked and it wasnt possible to modify it. And several another problems. Can you please give me some hint to achieve that?
Ondra
Previous Topic:GMF Codegen 2.9 - API breakage?
Next Topic:Compartment connection problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:58:16 GMT 2024