Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse(Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse)
Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse [message #875997] Wed, 23 May 2012 17:57 Go to next message
Oleg Kuznecov is currently offline Oleg KuznecovFriend
Hello!

I can't find how to use Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse.
Is it available or will it be available?

Thank you for help and attention.
Re: Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse [message #876045 is a reply to message #875997] Wed, 23 May 2012 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
If you are talking about Valgrind's ability to kick off gdb on the fly and you want Eclipse debugger views to come up automatically, this is not supported and there are no plans in place to implement it. You can open an RFE in bugzilla to denote your interest in this functionality and also so someone can review what would be required to implement it and whether it is feasible.
Re: Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse [message #876425 is a reply to message #875997] Thu, 24 May 2012 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for quick answer!
BTW,
I found useful solution using valgrind 3.7.0 with Eclipse/gdb. It is allow me to view all variables and stack on valgrind errors.
Re: Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse [message #907055 is a reply to message #876425] Mon, 03 September 2012 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A P is currently offline A PFriend
Quote:
I found useful solution using valgrind 3.7.0 with Eclipse/gdb. It is allow me to view all variables and stack on valgrind errors.

That's exactly what I would need! What was your solution? Smile
Re: Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse [message #918252 is a reply to message #907055] Thu, 20 September 2012 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Valgrind 3.7.0+ can be launched like gdb server and you can connect to it with gdb/Eclipse.
Re: Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse [message #936723 is a reply to message #918252] Mon, 08 October 2012 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Can you give some more hints how to use it? Thanks.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse [message #963577 is a reply to message #936723] Mon, 29 October 2012 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can launch valgrind like gdbserver - please google "valgrind and gdb" and then use Eclipse/gdb to connect to it like Remote debugging, launch Debug session and if valgrind event was occured it sends the signal to Eclipse/gdb and it shows call stack and local/global variables. So some time ago it was useful for me, but now i am using this configuration rarely - got some skills to find errors just by call stack and valgrind event name. Smile
Re: Using Valgrind with gdb in Eclipse [message #986943 is a reply to message #963577] Thu, 22 November 2012 13:11 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
I am not able to attach Eclipse to the Valgrind gdbserver. According to http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/manual-core-adv.html#manual-core-adv.gdbserver-gdb
I should use
target remote | vgdb

This works on the gdb command line. But I don't know how to do this in the Remote Debug Configuration in Eclipse.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:1.2.0 released
Next Topic:Regex based file filter for Gcov coverage outputs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:05:24 GMT 2024