Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problems extending Jubula to support SWT Links
Problems extending Jubula to support SWT Links [message #875872] Wed, 23 May 2012 13:36 Go to next message
Michael Werter is currently offline Michael WerterFriend
Hello,

to test an application I need Jubula to be able to map SWT links and to perform some actions on these links (e.g. clicking).
So I tried to extend Jubula to support SWT links. As a starting point I had a look at the example provided on the subshell blog. Adapting that code to refer to SWT links and installing the created client plugin caused Jubula to crash during startup.
The exceptions in the .log file complain about multiple definitions of org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Link

Quote:

Caused by: org.eclipse.jubula.tools.exception.GDConfigXmlException: multiple definition of component type org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Link
at org.eclipse.jubula.toolkit.common.xml.businessprocess.ComponentBuilder.getCompSystem(ComponentBuilder.java:197)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.ClientTest.<init>(ClientTest.java:204)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.ClientTestFactory.getClientTest(ClientTestFactory.java:44)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.controllers.TestExecutionContributor.<init>(TestExecutionContributor.java:98)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.controllers.TestExecutionContributor.getInstance(TestExecutionContributor.java:783)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.Plugin.registerPermanentServices(Plugin.java:1036)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.Plugin.start(Plugin.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
... 70 more

After some time I discovered, that org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Link is already defined by Jubula itself in the ComponentConfiguration.xml of org.eclipse.jubula.toolkit.provider.swt.

I tried to change the <realize> tag into an <extends> tag after a look at the corresponding xsd file. But unfortunately that did not work either.

How am I able to extend the functionality of graphical components already defined by Jubula, especially org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Link? Is there some available documentation of the meanings of the XML-tags available in ComponentConfiguration.xml?

Thanks,
Michael
Re: Problems extending Jubula to support SWT Links [message #875881 is a reply to message #875872] Wed, 23 May 2012 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Just to check: did you already try to map the Link component in your application? I believe that it is defined on the "graphics component" level, meaning that you should be able to click it, check its existence etc.

If you cannot map it, then let us know - it could be a bug.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Problems extending Jubula to support SWT Links [message #875907 is a reply to message #875881] Wed, 23 May 2012 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Werter is currently offline Michael WerterFriend
Hi,

thanks for your reply.
I just noted the components I want to reach are actually of type org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.Hyperlink, but not related to org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Link as I thought. So, there seems to be no bug.
Sorry for the noise.

But nonetheless, what would be the right way to extend the functionality of graphical components already defined by Jubula?

Thanks,
Michael
Re: Problems extending Jubula to support SWT Links [message #875946 is a reply to message #875907] Wed, 23 May 2012 15:44 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the details. I don't know the details of writing extensions, but you could look in the Extension Manual which is downloadable from the documentation page - maybe that will help you on your way. There's also a reasonably detailed conversation on this bug that may help.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:How to export single test cases between different databases
Next Topic:Mac can't open h2 database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:09:06 GMT 2024