Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » No Java Application with Window Builder
No Java Application with Window Builder [message #874803] Mon, 21 May 2012 15:23 Go to next message
User Java is currently offline User JavaFriend
Hi,

I use some libraries like Swing or SWT but for embedded systems (I have not the source code).
I would like to create a designer page with palette, etc...

I created a toolkit with extension point for window builder but I have a problem to parse my code.

Librairies are not dependent of Swing or AWT and it is not executable like a Java application.

I would like to know if we can use WindowBuilder with a non Java application (cannot run as java application)? Like GWT I think (no?)

Or, how can I find how GWT work with WindowBuilder?

[Updated on: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No Java Application with Window Builder [message #874914 is a reply to message #874803] Mon, 21 May 2012 19:41 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
GWT Designer is also open source and based on WindowBuilder, so you can look at the code for GWT Designer directly.

WindowBuilder could be used with any language, but you would need to provide a parser for that language. Currently, WB supports Java and XML based UIs. You could extend it to support some other language (like C/C+) if you wanted to.
Previous Topic:Selected widget on Grapfical Viewer
Next Topic:WindowBuilder in Eclipse SDK 4.1.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:56:14 GMT 2024