Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse skipping breakpoints(I cant debug)
Eclipse skipping breakpoints [message #874737] Mon, 21 May 2012 13:13 Go to next message
Ido Missing name is currently offline Ido Missing nameFriend
My issue isn't a new one, and I found several threads about it, yet no one was helpful for me. I hope this one will.

I can't debug with eclipse. It recognizes breakpoints, switches to debug prespective, but somehow it gets out of sync and I can't debug my code. It seems to stop at the right class but I see no green line and I can't use F5 and F6. Sometimes It works, but after a while it happens again. There is no exception or error.

I work with JDK 1.6.0_24, Glassfish 3.1, eclipse INDIGO (but it also happens on HELIOS too).

I tried (as I found on the web) to set eclipse to use Parallel GC. I tried put it in the eclipse.ini file, I tried to put in the glassfish VM arguments itself, and I tried to put it at eclipse JDK additional VM arguments (preference -> installed JRE-> JDK -> etc). Nothing seem to work for me. I also tried them all together.

Help me please..

Thank you all from advance,
Ido

[Updated on: Mon, 21 May 2012 13:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse skipping breakpoints [message #875404 is a reply to message #874737] Tue, 22 May 2012 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rennie is currently offline Michael RennieFriend
It sounds like you are hot-swapping code changes and the VM is out of sync. Different VMs allow for different support when it comes to HCR (Hot Code Replacement) and Eclipse will warn you when this fails.

The Java debugger allows you to continue debugging, but as I mentioned warns you that you will be out of sync. Is this what you are experiencing? Perhaps you have disabled the HCR warning and just forgot about it (check the Preferences > Java > Debug > Hot Code Replace options to confirm)?
Re: Eclipse skipping breakpoints [message #875682 is a reply to message #875404] Wed, 23 May 2012 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
This is exactly what experiencing. Thank you.
All four checkboxs under "Hot Code Replace" are checked.
Is this OK?
  • Attachment: 1.png
    (Size: 118.17KB, Downloaded 250 times)
Re: Eclipse skipping breakpoints [message #875733 is a reply to message #875404] Wed, 23 May 2012 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I noticed few more things:

1. On the Debug view, in my stck trace, I found the exact class with the breakpoint is paused and it had this comment: "(Suspended breakpoint at line XX)". When I clicked the line, suddenly the green line appeared. Yet, as soon as I clicked F6 to continue, It went out of sync again, just the next line became suspended. Weird.

2. I checked the processes running on my computer and found that there are several "java.exe" processes running at the same time. (eclipse runs on javaw.exe). Maybe this is why glassfish and eclipse refuse to work together.

3. I checked the build path and found that this is my output folder:
project-name/target/classes. Is this good?

I didn't mention that I use maven, if it matters.

Any thoughts?

Ido

[Updated on: Wed, 23 May 2012 09:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse skipping breakpoints [message #884580 is a reply to message #875733] Mon, 11 June 2012 11:47 Go to previous message
Help please.
Previous Topic:Java 1.7 Indigo Problems
Next Topic:Java source code formatter does not wrap lines at inner expressions (or settings dialog broken?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:22:48 GMT 2024