Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Catch drop events into WB editor from other views(How to extend the WB so that notficiations can be received on drop events)
Catch drop events into WB editor from other views [message #874593] Mon, 21 May 2012 07:55 Go to next message
Reguel Wermelinger is currently offline Reguel WermelingerFriend
Hi

I'd like to extend the GWT window builder editor so that i can drop custom items from another eclipse view into the widget designer.

I already tried to reach my goal by contributing to org.eclipse.ui.dropActions. This extensionPoint would exactly do what I need. But the window builder seems no to support PluginTransfer drop actions.

So far I could not find a way to get notifications on WB drop events. Is there an extension point which i couldn't find where it is possible to register for drop events?
In my case i wan't to enable dropping of my custom items from another view and then get notficiations when an item was dropped on a WB widget.

index.php/fa/9805/0/

Regards,
Reguel
Re: Catch drop events into WB editor from other views [message #875006 is a reply to message #874593] Tue, 22 May 2012 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
Well, there are no API for DND in WindowBuilder.
All component creation operations should go through the palette.
I'm open however to possible contributions, if you want to prepare patch for review.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: Catch drop events into WB editor from other views [message #875319 is a reply to message #874593] Tue, 22 May 2012 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reguel Wermelinger is currently offline Reguel WermelingerFriend
I've found a way to react on drop events which came from outside the WB editor (see attached source). It's kind of hack, which is enough for now, as we're currently only writing a prototype.
Thanks for your offer to contribute a patch after a review. I will come back to it when we decide to use the Window Builder for the real project. Then we will need a proper way to enable this D'nD mechanism.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Catch drop events into WB editor from other views [message #875916 is a reply to message #875319] Wed, 23 May 2012 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
Actually this hack looks very good for hack Smile

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: Catch drop events into WB editor from other views [message #1724857 is a reply to message #875319] Fri, 26 February 2016 15:10 Go to previous message
mark toodle is currently offline mark toodleFriend
Reguel Wermelinger wrote on Tue, 22 May 2012 14:16
I've found a way to react on drop events which came from outside the WB editor (see attached source). It's kind of hack, which is enough for now, as we're currently only writing a prototype.
Thanks for your offer to contribute a patch after a review. I will come back to it when we decide to use the Window Builder for the real project. Then we will need a proper way to enable this D'nD mechanism.

I have some dnd hang issue so I'd like to test the event listener; But I am not sure how to activate it; So please give more details concerning steps of how to integrate the class to eclipse plugins folder; Should it be wrapped into jar or it can just be copy/pasted into the plugins folder as it is?
Previous Topic:Design page crashed
Next Topic:JEP 223: New Version-String Scheme - Window Builder not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:59:20 GMT 2024