Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Bug in debugger.lua processing files?
Bug in debugger.lua processing files? [message #873637] Fri, 18 May 2012 18:24
uiy uiy is currently offline uiy uiyFriend
There seems to be a bug in the way debugger.lua handles opening sources for breakpoints. It will create a new window. I do know one has to setup the debug configuration properly but I've tried many different cases and nothing works so either I'm doing something wrong(it is not clear what needs to be done) or there is a bug with debugger.lua or DGBT/eclipse.

Case:

Created my project in a different path than the workspace. Effect: Breakpoints would cause a new window in ldt to open with the source even when the file was already open.

Case:

Create a project in the workspace setup on install. Effect: No extra file open.

So it is obviously something to do with the workspace.

Now I have tried using the module and hard coded paths in the configuration. When I do module I don't even get breakpoints hit. The hard coded path has the same effect as local.

wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/User_Guide/Concepts/Debugger#Source_Mapping

It does seem like the module method is the way I have to go but something is amiss as it's worse than the other two methods. Possibly my lua path is messed up.

D:\Projects\Programming\Lua\LuaLibrary\?.lua;C:\Program Files (x86)\Programming\Lua\5.1\lua\?.lua

I changed it to this minimum path but no change. The files I'm trying to debug are under lualibrary(and not duplicated anywhere).

Any ideas??

Previous Topic:Spaces in path causing debug problems?
Next Topic:Streamlining LDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:08:40 GMT 2024