Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Reuse the same menu contributions at multiple places
Reuse the same menu contributions at multiple places [message #873546] Fri, 18 May 2012 13:59 Go to next message
Praveen Missing name is currently offline Praveen Missing nameFriend
Basically, I want to re-use the same menu contributions at multiple places. I have a set of commands which will make up as either popup menu (in any view or dialog) or in the main menu. Is there any way to define a group for these set of commands, and whenever I want to define the menu, I can just reference the command group instead of referencing all the commands individually ?
If I have to change the order of menu items at once place, then I have to change the order of referenced commands at all the places where it has been used either as popup, view menu or main menu. Instead if there is something like command groups, we just need to change in the group.
Re: Reuse the same menu contributions at multiple places [message #880174 is a reply to message #873546] Fri, 01 June 2012 14:55 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

A submenu could be shared in a menubar menu and a view menu. In that you could add the submenu in the 2 places, but have another menu contribution to the submenu that contained your commands.

But because they're in a different scheme (menu vs popup) you would be able to use that trick with the main menu/view menu and a popup menu.

PW

Previous Topic:Maven and Eclipse: there is no way to import the glassfish projet (100's of modules) using Eclipse.
Next Topic:Invalid preference page path: XML Syntax
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:16:44 GMT 2024