Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » install ldt(lua ldt eclipse )
install ldt [message #873348] Fri, 18 May 2012 02:57 Go to next message
Wang Zhen is currently offline Wang ZhenFriend

when i new a lua project ,then it will tell me to config execution enviroments.
I don't know how to config execution enviroments ?
what i need to do ?
i have install lua in win64 host。but it will query *.zip file.
then i download lua5_1_4_Win32_bin.zip,it say no manifest ".rockspec" file
found
Re: install ldt [message #873493 is a reply to message #873348] Fri, 18 May 2012 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uiy uiy is currently offline uiy uiyFriend
The way I got it to work:

1. Setup an external tools configuration. The run configurations do not seem to work and I believe it is specifically mentioned in the wiki.
2. Setup a debug configuration(go to the wiki to see how to do it. Just a 2 step process and defaults probably will be used)

To run your program use the external tools configuration. I use two

Set location to your lua installation, e.g.,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1\lua.exe

Set the arguments to be passed to lua
Release:
"C:\Workspace\DebugTest.lua"

Debug:
-e "require('debugger')();"
"C:\Workspace\DebugTest.lua"

the -e debug line inserts the require code in your code automatically to be able to use the debugger. You can't use that line on the "release" version because it will throw an error.

To run your lua code then just select the "Release" external tool configuration. The output of the program will appear on the console.
To debug your lua code FIRST run the debug configuration create THEN run the debug external tool. Two step process and somewhat annoying. IF your paths are not setup properly you will not be able to use breakpoints because the source code not show up. This is why I had to hard code the paths in the arguments. Unfortunately ldt or DGBT seems to open up a separate file of the same code that is read only for your to step through. These two issues(the two step process and extra code window on popup) are the only things that ldt seems to need to work on ATM(as compared to modern ide's).

You must make sure your DGBT server is running to debug too. It should be relatively obvious once you get the external tools setup.

Re: install ldt [message #873509 is a reply to message #873493] Fri, 18 May 2012 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Quote:
Unfortunately ldt or DGBT seems to open up a separate file of the same code that is read only for your to step through.

Have you had a look at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/User_Guide#Source_Mapping ?
If the IDE opens a new read-only version of the file, it is likely that the mapping between "real" files paths and the path of the files mounted in your Eclipse workspace is not correctly configured.

HTH...

Re: install ldt [message #873513 is a reply to message #873509] Fri, 18 May 2012 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uiy uiy is currently offline uiy uiyFriend
Yeah, I've played around with it and if I remember correctly it didn't do it on my first test. When I didn't hard code the paths. I'll play around with it some and see if I can get something to work.

Update:

When I try local or replace path and use the path to the files I get the new source result. When I use module I get no stepping(just runs through the code).

Is it possible, due to windows, that the same strings are being seen as different? The ldt source window shows a path using forward slashes while windows uses black slashes. (i.e., it's opening the exact same file for no reason so it obviously thinks it's different)

[Updated on: Fri, 18 May 2012 12:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: install ldt [message #873658 is a reply to message #873348] Fri, 18 May 2012 19:22 Go to previous message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Wang Zhen,

An Execution Environment is a ZIP file that contains the definition of the Lua environment you are developing against (be it a standard Lua VM, the World of Warcraft environment, etc.).
We are a bit late in delivering the documentation of this format, but in a nutshell it is a bunch of Lua files documentend using LDT documentation format + a rockspec that gives this Execution Environment a name, a version, ... Additionally, the Execution Environment archive can contain pre-generated HTML documentation.

For your convenience, you can find the Lua 5.1.4 Execution Environment here.

Previous Topic:Streamlining LDT
Next Topic:ldt under ubuntu 12.04 64bit not running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:27:43 GMT 2024