Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Creating Connections without using the Palette
Creating Connections without using the Palette [message #873260] Thu, 17 May 2012 20:32 Go to next message
Che Bumagat is currently offline Che BumagatFriend
Hello GMF Experts!

Need your expert advise once more! Smile

I want to create a connection between Figure A -> Figure B without clicking the Connection Creation Tool in the palette.

So basically, once I hover on Figure A, I can click on the mouse, drag it to Figure B to create the connection.

I know there are examples using connection handles, but I'm not sure if this what I need to get me started.

Does anyone know what class or object gets initialized or called when I click on the Creation Tool in the Palette?

Again thank you all for the you provide!

Re: Creating Connections without using the Palette [message #873448 is a reply to message #873260] Fri, 18 May 2012 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hello Che,

the connection popup bar tools are automatically generated for you. Is your problem that they do not get generated or do you want to create a connection in a completely different way?

Ralph
Re: Creating Connections without using the Palette [message #873578 is a reply to message #873448] Fri, 18 May 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to create connections in a different way. Basically, I don't want the connection handles to show up.

I need to make the graphical editor smart enough to know that when I mouse hover on top of Figure A, click the mouse and drag to Figure B, it will create the line/connection.

I don't want use the palette every time I wanted to create a line. The reason being is that I have 5 different creation connection tools (it depends on which figures I'm connecting).

I'm not sure what is a good approach to do this.

But for now, I had removed the CONNECTION_HANDLE edit policy.

Hoping you guys can help!

Che

Re: Creating Connections without using the Palette [message #875163 is a reply to message #873578] Tue, 22 May 2012 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

if you implement it the way you want it is hard to decide whether a user wants to drag an edit part or create an connection are you aware of this issue?

Ralph
Re: Creating Connections without using the Palette [message #882974 is a reply to message #875163] Thu, 07 June 2012 15:08 Go to previous message
Thanks Ralph!

The figures in my diagram all have fixed locations and they can't be dragged or moved in the canvas.
Previous Topic:Problem with Display thread
Next Topic:GMF Editor without the diagram file created
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:06:28 GMT 2024