Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Unable to deploy bundle/plan with Virgo Tooling(Unable to deploy bundle/plan with Virgo Tooling)
Unable to deploy bundle/plan with Virgo Tooling [message #872820] Wed, 16 May 2012 22:16 Go to next message
Rich Mayfield is currently offline Rich MayfieldFriend
I'm using Virgo 3.5.0M4 with tooling.

I've created:

1) An Eclipse project with the OSGi Bundle Project Nature
2) An Eclipse project with the OSGi Plan Project Nature (the plan references the above mentioned bundle)

When I deploy the plan I get an error stating

Cannot find bundle 'com.acme.mybundle' version range '[1.0.0, oo)' in repository 'ext-usr'
Installation of plan 'acme' version '1.0.0' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.DeploymentException: Deployment of plan 'acme' version '1.0.0' in scope 'null' failed: bundle 'com.acme.mybundle' in version range '[1.0.0, oo)' not found

I see in my Virgo home directory there is a "stage" sub-directory. Under that is a directory containing the exploded bundle and this includes the correct MANIFEST.MF. I assume that this is where the tooling has told Virgo to go to get the bundle contents ( ? )

Any idea what might not be right here?

Where is 'ext-usr' coming from? I don't have this configured as a repository explicitly.

Note that I use the maven-bundle-plugin to generate the MANIFEST.MF.

Re: Unable to deploy bundle/plan with Virgo Tooling [message #872822 is a reply to message #872820] Wed, 16 May 2012 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi Rich,

Please open a bug and include the projects that are failing.

Rich Mayfield wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 18:16
I'm using Virgo 3.5.0M4 with tooling.
When I deploy the plan I get an error stating

Cannot find bundle 'com.acme.mybundle' version range '[1.0.0, oo)' in repository 'ext-usr'
Installation of plan 'acme' version '1.0.0' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.DeploymentException: Deployment of plan 'acme' version '1.0.0' in scope 'null' failed: bundle 'com.acme.mybundle' in version range '[1.0.0, oo)' not found

I see in my Virgo home directory there is a "stage" sub-directory. Under that is a directory containing the exploded bundle and this includes the correct MANIFEST.MF. I assume that this is where the tooling has told Virgo to go to get the bundle contents ( ? )

Any idea what might not be right here?

Where is 'ext-usr' coming from? I don't have this configured as a repository explicitly.

Do you mean ext/usr?

Quote:

Note that I use the maven-bundle-plugin to generate the MANIFEST.MF.

What plugin is that? We won't be able to reproduce if it's using a non-Virgo / Libra / M2E builder. Can you isolate without this?
Re: Unable to deploy bundle/plan with Virgo Tooling [message #872836 is a reply to message #872822] Wed, 16 May 2012 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've submitted bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=379765

"ext-usr" is what the error message referenced.

The plugin here is a Maven plugin that creates the MANIFEST.MF as part of our build.
Re: Unable to deploy bundle/plan with Virgo Tooling [message #872838 is a reply to message #872836] Wed, 16 May 2012 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Thanks for the bugs, Rich!

Rich Mayfield wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 19:17

The plugin here is a Maven plugin that creates the MANIFEST.MF as part of our build.

Right, but _what_ plugin? Smile Is this part of the M2E tools or what? We'll need to know that because we'll need to reproduce the build which we can only do against Eclipse tooling supported builds. (Dealing with the existing zoo of Eclipse hosted build tools is hard enough!)
Re: Unable to deploy bundle/plan with Virgo Tooling [message #872875 is a reply to message #872838] Thu, 17 May 2012 01:51 Go to previous message
Miles Parker wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 19:23

Right, but _what_ plugin? Smile Is this part of the M2E tools or what? We'll need to know that because we'll need to reproduce the build which we can only do against Eclipse tooling supported builds. (Dealing with the existing zoo of Eclipse hosted build tools is hard enough!)

I'm referring to a Maven plugin. It is not an Eclipse plugin. This is a wrapper around the bnd utility.

https://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html
Previous Topic:Why does plan deplyment fails when uploading from the web console?
Next Topic:Can 'plan' be renamed to something more unique?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:08:16 GMT 2024