Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Bug on the two dimensional with depth chart?
Bug on the two dimensional with depth chart? [message #872722] Wed, 16 May 2012 17:25 Go to next message
Claude B is currently offline Claude BFriend
Hi, I've created a Two dimensional with depth chart with birt de 3.7.1 which contains 2 bar series (I've attached an example below: img.JPG). Here I've no problem.
But when I try to add a line series to the chart, I get a bad display: bar series cannot meet the X Primary Axis (See the second attached file bug.JPG)
Is that a bug or can I resolve it by a code??? (I'm using the design engine 3.7.1 to generate reports)
  • Attachment: img.JPG
    (Size: 28.54KB, Downloaded 189 times)
  • Attachment: bug.JPG
    (Size: 31.35KB, Downloaded 173 times)
Re: Bug on the two dimensional with depth chart? [message #873177 is a reply to message #872722] Thu, 17 May 2012 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

I can not reproduce this using the designer, so my guess is there is
something in the code creating the design. Any chance I can get some
code from you that shows the issue and that I can run?

Jason

On 5/16/2012 1:25 PM, Claude B wrote:
> Hi, I've created a Two dimensional with depth chart with birt de 3.7.1 which contains 2 bar series (I've attached an example below: img.JPG). Here I've no problem.
> But when I try to add a line series to the chart, I get a bad display: bar series cannot meet the X Primary Axis (See the second attached file bug.JPG)
> Is that a bug or can I resolve it by a code??? (I'm using the design engine 3.7.1 to generate reports)
Re: Bug on the two dimensional with depth chart? [message #892182 is a reply to message #873177] Wed, 27 June 2012 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,
Sorry for the delay, I had to be absent from this issue for a while
I've attached my code using the classic models database
I've attached also the generated rptdesign file
Need your help to solve this issue.
Re: Bug on the two dimensional with depth chart? [message #892374 is a reply to message #892182] Wed, 27 June 2012 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW Jason I'm facing two other problems in the two attached pictures of the first message (img.jpg / bug.jpg)
- Values of the X-Axis are not in the center of the bar chart
- there is a problem with the percent Axis (at the right of the picture), values doesn't reach 100% and stop at 90%. So is that a bug or am I having some mistakes in the code. You can see the same problem in the attached report in the last message and you have also the code.
I'm wating for your help please.
Re: Bug on the two dimensional with depth chart? [message #892537 is a reply to message #892374] Thu, 28 June 2012 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Claude

When I run your code I get the chart image that I have attached. Looks
a bit different than yours. BTW why are you setting the value of line
series 1 to row["PRODUCTCODE"]. Only linear/logarithmic data is allowed
here unless you put an aggr function on it, which yours does not. Can
you take the sample you sent me delete the chart and in the designer
create the chart you want, I will update your code to create that chart.

Jason

On 6/27/2012 6:55 PM, Claude B wrote:
> BTW Jason I'm facing two other problems in the two attached pictures of
> the first message (img.jpg / bug.jpg) - Values of the X-Axis are not in
> the center of the bar chart
> - there is a problem with the percent Axis (at the right of the
> picture), values doesn't reach 100% and stop at 90%. So is that a bug or
> am I having some mistakes in the code. You can see the same problem in
> the attached report in the last message and you have also the code.
> I'm wating for your help please.
  • Attachment: pmtest.png
    (Size: 23.20KB, Downloaded 134 times)
Re: Bug on the two dimensional with depth chart? [message #892606 is a reply to message #892537] Thu, 28 June 2012 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,
I've created the first report that you can see in the first message using my internal SQL database that I can't share it with you so I tried to create another report using sample database and having the same problem as the first. I put useless data for that. In the two attached pictures you can see the difference and the bug (bar chart cannot reach the X Axis) is displayed in the first one "Test 1". Otherwise I get the bug when I add line series to existing bar series.

Do you have any idea about this issue??
Re: Bug on the two dimensional with depth chart? [message #892798 is a reply to message #892606] Fri, 29 June 2012 17:58 Go to previous message

This may be because of Z-ordering. Can you recreate the report you want
using the designer and publish it. Make sure it uses the sample db.

Jason

On 6/28/2012 1:16 PM, Claude B wrote:
> Jason,
> I've created the first report that you can see in the first message using my internal SQL database that I can't share it with you so I tried to create another report using sample database and having the same problem as the first. I put useless data for that. In the two attached pictures you can see the difference and the bug (bar chart cannot reach the X Axis) is displayed in the first one "Test 1". Otherwise I get the bug when I add line series to existing bar series.
>
> Do you have any idea about this issue??
>
Previous Topic:Bug 382145 - Render Task order of magnitude slower in BIRT 3.7.2 than BIRT 2.6.2
Next Topic:library with joint data set not setting parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:49:00 GMT 2024