Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » FTPs support in Eclipse?
FTPs support in Eclipse? [message #872696] Wed, 16 May 2012 16:12 Go to next message
Ben Johnson is currently offline Ben JohnsonFriend
I am attempting to determine whether or not Eclipse (Indigo) support FTPs (not to be confused with sFTP). I see no indication that it does.

If I am missing something, or if there is a plug-in that provides this functionality, any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Re: FTPs support in Eclipse? [message #873020 is a reply to message #872696] Thu, 17 May 2012 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dominik is currently offline dominikFriend
On 2012-05-16 18:12, Ben Johnson wrote:
> I am attempting to determine whether or not Eclipse (Indigo) support FTPs (not
> to be confused with sFTP). I see no indication that it does.
>
> If I am missing something, or if there is a plug-in that provides this
> functionality, any guidance would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Remote System Explorer (RSE)
http://www.eclipse.org/tm/

Don't forget to install FTP support:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/c/cf/Rse-update-manager.png

/dmc
Re: FTPs support in Eclipse? [message #874845 is a reply to message #873020] Mon, 21 May 2012 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the reply, Dominik.

I have already installed RSE and FTP support. But I don't see any way to specify TLS settings for FTP connections.

I am attempting to create these connections via Remote Systems -> New Connection -> FTP Only. When I create the connection, I see nothing related to TLS.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again.
Re: FTPs support in Eclipse? [message #874860 is a reply to message #874845] Mon, 21 May 2012 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sNop is currently offline sNopFriend
I think there isn't any support for FTPs, only sFTP and FTP

On 21. 5. 2012 18:42, Ben Johnson wrote:
> Thank you for the reply, Dominik.
>
> I have already installed RSE and FTP support. But I don't see any way to specify TLS settings for FTP connections.
>
> I am attempting to create these connections via Remote Systems -> New Connection -> FTP Only. When I create the connection, I see nothing related to TLS.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Thanks again.
Re: FTPs support in Eclipse? [message #1403045 is a reply to message #874860] Sun, 20 July 2014 19:18 Go to previous message
Just to follow-up on this thread, it's disappointing not to see FTPs (AKA, FTP over TLS) implemented in Eclipse Luna.

Aptana, which is built upon Eclipse (if I understand correctly), supports FTPs. How is it done? I'd love to hear from anyone more familiar with the Eclipse/Aptana overlap as to whether or not it would be possible to "port" Aptana's FTPs implementation to Eclipse.

Thanks for any pointers!
Previous Topic:The type *** cannot be resolved or namespace is empty
Next Topic:New Class File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:52:00 GMT 2024