Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Hiding table based on inner dataset number of rows(Hiding table based on inner dataset number of rows)
Hiding table based on inner dataset number of rows [message #872441] Wed, 16 May 2012 06:03 Go to next message
Prashant Jha is currently offline Prashant JhaFriend
I have a dataset(ds_chartdata) with a chart_number, created_date and value. chart_number and created_date combination are unique on this dataset. I need to create one chart per chart_number.
How I went ahead

• I created another dataset(ds_uniqueChartNumber) which gives me unique chart_number.
  • Created a outer table binded to ds_uniqueChartNumber with a group on chart_number.
  • Added a chart to the details row. Binded the chart to ds_chartdata.
  • Added a filter to chart wherein row["chart_number"]=row._outer["chart_number"]

This serves my requirement to create one chart per chart_number. But for some chart_number there is no data. The chart by default is not displayed. But the table is still displayed. I want the table itself to be rendered invisible if the rows for a particular chart_number in ds_chartdata has no rows. help please.

Re: Hiding table based on inner dataset number of rows [message #873029 is a reply to message #872441] Thu, 17 May 2012 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Greif is currently offline Tomas GreifFriend
Hi,

assuming you can manipulate data and create new dataset, you can exclude chart number from ds_uniqueChartNumber when there are no data.

T
Re: Hiding table based on inner dataset number of rows [message #873084 is a reply to message #873029] Thu, 17 May 2012 13:28 Go to previous message
Prashant Jha is currently offline Prashant JhaFriend
Are you suggesting to create the dataset (ds_uniqueChartNumber) based on data from primary ds(ds_chart). So that it automatically excludes the chartnumbers which are not required?
That is a good idea. I think I had a brain freeze to rely on birt for this simple thing. Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 May 2012 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Connect H2DB in BIRT
Next Topic:How to create headers for Row level Data in Cross Tab Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:31:44 GMT 2024