Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » extension of the dsl files
extension of the dsl files [message #872157] Tue, 15 May 2012 15:05 Go to next message
Aran A is currently offline Aran AFriend
Hi!

I'm woking with the tutorial, I've just created a new xText project with the 'Greetings' example. Everything is OK, but I have a doubt.

Following the tutorial, in the specification of the project I have written that the extension of my dsl will be 'dmodel' (without quotes). Now if I wanted to change the extension of my dsl files, e.g. to be 'dml', what should I change in the generated files and/or projects?

I have tried to change the file.extensions variable of *.mwe2 generator file and then run the mwe2 workflow. It doesn't work.

Then I've tried to change the extensions variable of plugin.xml file of *.ui project. Apparently it works, but I'm not sure if that has any sense, or, if it works by chance, and if I changed the context, it wouldn't work.

[note: By the way, if I put different strings in the *.mwe2 generator (then running the mwe2 workflow) and in the plugin.xml, the dsl file must have the extension specified in the latter. ]

Could you help me? Thanks in advance...

Best regards,

Aran
Re: extension of the dsl files [message #872180 is a reply to message #872157] Tue, 15 May 2012 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Don't forget to merge plugin.xml_Gen to plugin.xml

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: extension of the dsl files [message #873119 is a reply to message #872180] Thu, 17 May 2012 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aran A is currently offline Aran AFriend
Thanks a lot
Re: extension of the dsl files [message #1808168 is a reply to message #873119] Tue, 18 June 2019 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Gubin is currently offline Dmitry GubinFriend
Btw in my case issue was in wrong java runtime version. I've decresed version number form 10 to 8 and it started to work (i.e. recognize my dsl extension in new eclipse instance).
Re: extension of the dsl files [message #1808186 is a reply to message #1808168] Tue, 18 June 2019 18:39 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
then you use a too old Xtext version. with Xtext 2.18 it should work from 8-11

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:How to install a JavaScript editor for Eclipse?
Next Topic:How to add quickfix with LINKING_DIAGNOSTIC in xbase expression
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:57:02 GMT 2024