Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Steps to write a plugin of ParseSnapshotApp and deploy to MAT MCP
Steps to write a plugin of ParseSnapshotApp and deploy to MAT MCP [message #871930] Tue, 15 May 2012 06:56 Go to next message
phoenix ralf is currently offline phoenix ralfFriend
Dear All,

I saw the previous thread about doing this plugin(ParseSnapshotApp) but I do not see how he achieved this . He just said he succeeded. Does anyone know how to do this since I can't find documents for this kind of extension point. Also, I tried to write a NameResolver plugin. It only works while running from eclipse. I can't deploy it to my RCP copy. Thanks in advance.
Re: Steps to write a plugin of ParseSnapshotApp and deploy to MAT MCP [message #871988 is a reply to message #871930] Tue, 15 May 2012 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik BrangsFriend
Quote:
I saw the previous thread about doing this plugin(ParseSnapshotApp) but I do not see how he achieved this

Which thread are you talking about? Title, author or a link would be helpful.

Quote:
Does anyone know how to do this since I can't find documents for this kind of extension point.

There's some documentation about writing plugins in the contributor reference ( wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=MemoryAnalyzer/Contributor_Reference ). If you have specific questions, just ask.

Quote:
It only works while running from eclipse. I can't deploy it to my RCP copy.

Have you tried Andrew's suggestions from www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/351329/871500/#msg_871500 ? How did you try to install your plugin?
Re: Steps to write a plugin of ParseSnapshotApp and deploy to MAT MCP [message #872031 is a reply to message #871988] Tue, 15 May 2012 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phoenix ralf is currently offline phoenix ralfFriend
1. h_t_t_p://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/243401/
2. I have followed one example(Name Resolver Extension) from this wiki but I need an example of ParseSnapshotApp because I don't know how to debug MAT in command mode and how to apply my plugin into MAT, either.
3. Yes, I checked his suggestion to use dropins folder however, I don't know how to use OSGi console. I tried to export it from eclipse and it never works. Sad
Re: Steps to write a plugin of ParseSnapshotApp and deploy to MAT MCP [message #872280 is a reply to message #872031] Tue, 15 May 2012 20:30 Go to previous message
Erik BrangsFriend
If I understand you correctly, you just want to parse a heap dump from the command line and your plugin should be loaded for that.

I haven't tried to do something similar yet, so I'm afraid I can't give any good advice.
Previous Topic:can't aquire or open dump with MAT 1.1 on IBM SDK J9
Next Topic:Parse large Heapdump
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:30:22 GMT 2024