Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » [RCP 4] Custom element in menu and/or toolbar
[RCP 4] Custom element in menu and/or toolbar [message #871651] Mon, 14 May 2012 16:17 Go to next message
Lisi   is currently offline Lisi Friend
Hello,

as indicated in the thread title, I want to implement a custom element in an RCP 4 application - best would be in the menu, but I already gathered from my search that this is probably not possible (not event in RCP 3).

I want to add a search field, a combo list and a button - so far I have only been able to add the button via the application.e4xmi.

Can anyone direct me if and how this is possible to implement?

Thanks in advance!
Re: [RCP 4] Custom element in menu and/or toolbar [message #872162 is a reply to message #871651] Tue, 15 May 2012 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

In 3.x you can add controls to a toolbar using the org.eclipse.ui.menus extension point and the control element.

In e4xmi you would add a ToolControl to a toolbar or trim area to get the same effect.

Menus don't accept controls.

PW

Re: [RCP 4] Custom element in menu and/or toolbar [message #872579 is a reply to message #872162] Wed, 16 May 2012 11:48 Go to previous message
Lisi   is currently offline Lisi Friend
Thank you!

For anyone being a beginner like me, the class associated with the ToolControl should add the relevant information (widget and the like) in the constructor.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2012 11:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:InvalidRegistryObjectException, SWTException, NotDefinedException, StackOverflowError
Next Topic:Can i distinguish the PartVisible event fired for detached view ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:53:25 GMT 2024